9 Day Tour with a focus on everything Guangxi Province has to offer!
Guangxi Explorer Tour
(9 Day Southern China Tour – Private Tour)
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Drift along the scenic Yulong River on your own private raft
- Cycle through the scenic Yangshuo Countryside and Yulong Valley
- Try local specialties among the hustle and bustle of West Street
- Take a step back in time with a visit to a local rural market day in Yangshuo
- See a different bird’s eye view of the natural beauty from the peaks of Xianggong Hill
- Cruise along the famous Li River on your own private raft with Cormorant Fisherman
- Watch the grand performance of the Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show on the banks of the Li River
- Visit the Ancient Town of Huangyao during a journey through Yangshuo
- Experience the Longji Zhuang Ethnic Minority Village with a traditional meal at a local home
- Explore the Longji Rice Terraces and the stunning scenery
- Travel through the Dong Minority Region of Sanjiang and its famous Wind and Rain Bridge
- Enjoy the views of the spectacular Detian Waterfalls on the Chinese-Vietnamese border
- Look over the spectacular views of Guilin city from the peak of Yao Mountain
- Walk through the famous limestone Reed Flute Cave
- See the landmark that represents Guilin – Elephant Trunk Hill
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guilin or Yangshuo Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am: Visit & Walk-up Cuiping Hill
- 12:00 pm: Yulong Valley Countryside Cycling/Walking & Yulong River Scenic Drifting
- 3:00 pm: Private Taichi Class or Chinese Calligraphy Class
- 6:00 pm: Visit West Street
- 7:40 pm – 9:00 pm: Watch Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show
- 9:15 – 9:30 pm: Return transfer to your Yangshuo Hotel
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Yangshuo Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am: Visit Rural Market Day (held on set dates)
- 12:00 pm: Visit Shitoucheng Stone Village
- 1:30 pm: Visit & Walk-up Xianggong Hill
- 3:30 pm: Private Li River Cruise with Cormorant Fisherman Demonstration
- 5:30 pm: Depart Xingping with return transfer to Yangshuo
- 6:00 pm: Return transfer to Yangshuo Hotel
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Yangshuo Hotel Lobby.
- 10:00 am: Visit Silver Cave
- 12:30 pm: Transfer to Huangyao Ancient Town
- 1:30 pm: Visit Huangyao Ancient Town
- 3:30 pm: Depart Huangyao Ancient Town
- 5:00 pm: Arrive at Yangshuo Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 09:00 am: Meet at Yangshuo Hotel Lobby/Depart Yangshuo
- 12:00 pm: Arrive at Longji Zhuang Village Carpark
- 12:30pm: Arrive at Longji Zhuang Village
- 1:00 pm: Traditional Meal at Local House
- 2:00 pm: Hike from Longji Zhuang Village to Ping’an Village
- 3:00 pm: Explore Longji Rice Terraces & Lookouts
- 6:00 pm: Check-in to Ping’an Village Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Ping’an Village Hotel Lobby.
- 9:30 am: Walk to Nine Dragons & Five Tigers Scenic Lookout
- 10:30 am Depart Ping’an Village with transfer to Chengyang
- 12:00 pm: Visit Chengyang Wind & Rain Bridge & Villages
- 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Exploring Chengyang & Chengyang Hill
- 4:30 pm: Visit Sanjiang Drum Tower
- 5:00 pm: Transfer to Sanjiang Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Sanjiang Hotel Lobby.
- 9:30 am: Arrive at Sanjiang Railway Station
- 10:15 am – 10:30 am: High-Speed Train from Sanjiang Train Station to Nanning Train Station
- 2:30 pm: Arrive at Nanning Railway Station
- 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Visit Qingxiu Mountain
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Explore Nanning Night Snack Market
- 8:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 8:00 am: Meet at your Nanning Hotel Lobby.
- 10:30 am: Arrive at Detian Waterfalls
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm: Explore Detian Waterfalls Scenic Area
- 1:30 pm: Arrive at Tongling Grand Canyon
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Visit Tongling Grand Canyon
- 4:00 pm: Depart Tongling Grand Canyon
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Return to Nanning Hotel
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Nanning Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am: Visit Guangxi Museum of Nationalities
- 12:00 pm: Transfer to Nanning Railway Station
- 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm: High Speed train from Nanning to Guilin
- 4:00 pm: Visit Elephant Trunk Hill
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Guilin City Lakes Walking Tour
- 7:00 pm onwards: Return to Guilin Hotel
Private Tour Pricing
(9 Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 25,420 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 13,615 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 9,680 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 7,710 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 6,530 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 6,520 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 5,855 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 5,350 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Driver’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Return high-speed train tickets (2nd Class Seats);
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Tour Guide’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- For this private tour, no meals are included (unless mentioned) within the tour pricing but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Please note, for a selection of recommended Guangxi Explorer Hotels for you to book, please contact us directly!
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour – Stay overnight in Yangshuo
Arrive into Yangshuo the day before your tour is scheduled to begin or alternatively, activities/itinerary/day order can be changed to reflect your arrival time. The tour can also commence from Guilin.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Yangshuo
Meet your tour guide in the morning and begin the day by travelling to the Yulong River to experience a relaxing journey on-board a small non-motorized raft. The Yulong River winds throughout the Yangshuo countryside with beautiful rural scenery either side of the river. It’s a different highlight compared to the towering Karst scenery along the Li River. Afterwards, explore the Yulong Valley and Yangshuo on bicycle, riding throughout local villages and beautiful valleys.
In the afternoon, partake in either a Private Taichi Class with a local taichi master, or a Calligraphy Class or a Fan-Painting class, depending upon preferences. During the evening, you’re welcome to explore the hustle and bustle of West Street, tasting some of the local cuisine (beer fish!) before being transferred to the evening’s activity – the Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show.
The Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show is a famous performance held on the banks of the Li River with over 700 actors and actresses utilizing the Li River as a stage and a popular show to watch when in Yangshuo. At the show’s conclusion, you’ll be transferred to your Yangshuo hotel for the rest of the evening at leisure.
Day 2– Stay overnight in Yangshuo
In the morning, visit a local rural market day held in different surrounding towns of Yangshuo. These rural markets are now rare in China and visiting one is like stepping back in time to what traditional markets used to be! The specific market type you visit will depend upon the corresponding date as each market only operates on a certain date – this will be advised in advance.
See the farmers travel from all around the region on different dates to sell their produce and fresh vegetables. There’s nothing to ‘buy’ as it’s more of a rural market but a good insight into life in the countryside and into what used to be common everywhere in China!
Following the market day, travel to Shitoucheng Stone Village, which is an ancient village located in the hills surrounding the Li River. Then, move to Xianggong Hill to see a spectacular bird’s eye view overlooking the Li River.
Afterwards, board your own Private Li River Cruise, travelling along what’s considered to be the most beautiful section of the Li River (Xingping – Nine Horse Fresco Hill back to Xingping) and experience a Cormorant Fisherman Demonstration. At the conclusion of the Cormorant Fisherman Demonstration, return transfer to your Yangshuo Hotel for an evening at leisure.
Day 3 – Stay overnight in Yangshuo
Begin the day by travelling to Silver Cave – a large, spectacular cave located outside of Yangshuo. The cave itself is younger than the more famous Reed Flute Cave but is an impressive and famous cave.
Thereafter, travel to Huangyao Ancient Town, which is a town located in Hezhou with over 1,000 years of history. The town itself is quite large and requires a half-day to explore the town and its alleys and streets. In the late afternoon, return to Yangshuo with the option of a foot or body massage or alternatively, spend the evening at leisure.
Day 4 – Stay overnight in Ping’an Village
Meet your tour guide in the morning and depart to the Longji Rice Terraces, which takes approximately 3 – 3.5 hours from Yangshuo.
Upon arrival, you will walk to the Longji Zhuang Ethnic Minority Village and explore the village with its old architecture and experience life first-hand. For lunch, enjoy a traditional meal in a local family’s house (cooked in a restaurant kitchen). The meal of Bamboo Chicken/Bamboo Rice as well as vegetables is cooked in a licensed restaurant kitchen (to ensure food sanitation & health standards), making this is a very unique experience for visitors.
Following lunch, walk from the Longji Zhuang Village to Ping’an Village along a quieter path offering views overlooking the terraces and usually, very few other people! This walk usually takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour and is on a winding uphill path, although not steep. The trails between the villages are a more scenic route compared to the road transfer option but this can be accommodated too if preferred for the transfer.
After arriving at Ping’an Village, walk to the different scenic lookouts and further explore the Longji Rice Terraces, depending upon your preferences. Enjoy the evening at leisure at your hotel within Ping’an Village.
Day 5 – Stay overnight in Sanjiang
In the morning, depart the Longji Rice Terraces and continue further North travelling towards Chengyang. Upon arriving into Chengyang, visit the famous Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge, which is one of the most famous landmarks in Guangxi Province and an example of one of the many Dong ethnic minority bridges in the region
During the afternoon, explore the Chengyang Dong Ethnic Minority Villages before being transferred back to Sanjiang. During the early evening, visit the Sanjiang Drum Tower before enjoying the rest of the night at leisure.
Day 6 – Stay overnight in Nanning
Start the day by being transferred to Sanjiang South Railway Station for your high-speed train transfer to Nanning. The journey takes approximately 3.5 hours via high speed train and based upon an early morning departure, you would expect to arrive in the early afternoon.
Upon arriving into Nanning, visit Qingxiu Mountain, which is a large mountain Nanning city with various different features and attractions within its grounds. It’s a nice way to spend an afternoon in Nanning. During the evening, visit the Nanning Central Snack Street to taste some local snacks and delicious foods before enjoying the remainder of the night at leisure.
Day 7 – Stay overnight in Nanning
In the morning, meet your guide and driver before travelling to the Detian Waterfalls. The journey from Nanning to Detian takes approximately 2.5 hours. The Detian Waterfalls are located on the border of China and Vietnam and are an impressive set of falls.
Visitors typically spend a few hours at the waterfalls, looking at the falls from different angles and the surroundings. Afterwards, visit the nearby Tongling Grand Canyon, before returning to Nanning in the late afternoon. Enjoy the evening at leisure in Nanning City.
Day 8– Stay overnight in Guilin
Start the day by visiting the Guangxi Museum of Nationalities, which is a large museum located in central Nanning detailing the history and other interesting information about the various different ethnic minorities within Guangxi Province. Following the visit, transfer to the Nanning Train Station for your high-speed train departure back to Guilin.
Upon arriving in Guilin, visit Elephant Trunk Hill, the famous landmark of the city before walking around the central lakes that overlook the pagodas. The late afternoon and evening is at leisure in Guilin City.
Day 9 – Stay overnight in Guilin/END OF TOUR
During the morning, travel to Yao Mountain, which is the highest point surrounding Guilin and providing magnificent views overlooking Guilin city and its karst scenery. Thereafter, visit the old town of Daxu with a visit to a local resident’s home where he has collected a large number of ancient Chinese farming tools and other historical things.
For lunch, travel across to the island of Maozhou, where you will enjoy an organic meal at a farmer’s restaurant before returning to Guilin. In the afternoon, visit Reed Flute Cave before your flight departure (with airport/train station drop-off) or evening at leisure in Guilin to conclude the tour. END OF TOUR.