Xian 2 Day Private Tour around the main attractions of Xi’an
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Discover one of China’s most famous attractions – the amazing Terracotta Warriors & Terracotta Army;
- Explore a traditional cave dwelling built into the mountains where farmers used to live and some even still live today!
- Experience Xi’an’s longstanding City Wall via walking, shuttle or bicycle, which has been protecting the city for over 600 years;
- Walk the ancient streets of Shuyuanmen Cultural Street;
- Enjoy an optional food tour or Tang Dynasty Show during the evening in Xi’an;
- Visit the burial site of the former Emperor ‘Jingdi’s tomb’ at the Hanyangling Museum;
- Taste Xi’an cuisine for lunch at a recommended local restaurant (not included in pricing);
- Discover the Tang Dynasty buddhism Pagoda – the Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- Visit the symbol of Xi’an located in the very center of the city – it’s famous Bell and Drum Tower;
- Explore the city’s famous Muslim Quarter – located north of the Bell and Drum Tower – offering visitors a different Xi’an experience;
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 8:30 am: Meet at your Xi’an Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Explore Terracotta Army Museum
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Visit a Traditional Cave Dwelling
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch (not included in pricing)
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Visit Drum Tower
- 4:30 pm: Return transfer to Xi’an Hotel or Optional Evening Activities
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Xi’an Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Visit Jingdi Tomb at Hanyangling Museum;
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch (not included in pricing)
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Visit Xi’an City Wall
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Visit Great Mosque of Xi’an
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Visit Muslim Quarter
- 5:00 pm: Return transfer to Xi’an Hotel/END OF TOUR
At the conclusion of the tour, we can transfer you to any railway stations in Xi’an, Xi’an airport (additional fee) or simply back to your Xi’an Hotel to conclde the tour.
(2-Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 3,795 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 2,095 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 1,525 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 1,245 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 1,075 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 1,010 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 920 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 855 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- For this private 2-day tour, no meals are included within the tour pricing but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour – Stay overnight in Xi’an
Arrive into Xi’an the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the tour commences in the morning. Alternatively, we can also schedule the tour to being from Xi’an Airport or Xi’an Railway Station upon your arrival.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Xi’an
To begin the tour, our tour guide and driver will meet you at your Xi’an Hotel Lobby. We’d recommend a 9:00 am meeting time but because it’s a private tour, this can be flexible so please advise your preferences. Thereafter, depart for the Terracotta Army, which is located on the outskirts of Xi’an City.
The Terracotta Army Museum, is the Eighth wonder of the world and largest on-site museum in China. It features thousands of Terracotta Warriors and Horses that were made over 2,000 years ago. Visitors are taken aback by the sheer number and size – making this visit a the highlight of many visitors’ trip to China.
Afterwards, you’ll travel to an ancient cave dwelling where you’ll be able to see and visit these traditional homes. Modern farmers still live within these dwellings and most cave dwellings are carved out of the mountains – their homes are easy to keep warm in winter and cool during the summer. Lunch will follow (not included in pricing) and your tour guide can assist you with where to eat/food recommendations based upon your specific preferences.
Following lunch, we’ll travel to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of Xi’an most famous ancient buildings. The Big Wild Goose Pagoda is a Tang dynasty Buddhism temple with a history dating back over 1,300 years. Aside from the impressive architecture of this pagoda, our guide will also explain some historical facts and famous stories about the pagoda.
After the City Wall Visit, discover Xi’ans Famous Drum Tower, which is located in the heart of Xi’an City and considered the symbol of Xi’an. Thereafter, visitors will have the options for an evening activity such as a Xi’an Food Tour (additional fee), Tang Dynasty evening show (additional fee) or enjoy an evening at leisure without any activities. If choosing the latter, you’ll be returned to your Xi’an hotel after the Drum Tower.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Xi’an/END OF TOUR
In the morning, your tour guide and driver will meet you at your Xi’an Hotel at 9:00 am (being a private tour meeting time is flexible so please advise if you have other meeting time preferences). Thereafter, you’ll be transferred to the Hangyangling Museum, which is also known as Jingdi’s Tomb.
The Hangyangling Museum is located near Xi’an Airport, approximately 30 kilometers north of Xi’an City. This is a famous burial site for the Emperor Jingdi and his wife, Empress Wangzhi with the tomb dating back over 2,100 years. This is the only underground museum in all of China and a popular place to explore, especially for visitors interested in ancient Chinese history.
After visiting the Hanyangling Museum, you’ll enjoy lunch – similar to the first day, this isn’t included in the tour pricing. Our team can assist you with restaurant or food recommendations, depending upon what you feel like eating.
Thereafter, you will visit and spend time atop Xi’an’s City Wall. This incredible city wall has protected Xi’an from invaders for over 600 years since it was first constructed. The Xi’an City Wall is the best preserved and most complete wall that has survived throughout China’s long history. It stands 12 meters high and 12 – 14 meters wide across the top with 15 – 18 meters width at the base of the wall.
The entire length of the wall is over 13 kilometers around the city and visitors can choose to cycle, walk or even board a golf cart shuttle to sight-see and experience life along Xi’an’s City Wall.
In the afternoon, visit the spectacular Xi’an Mosque, which is the largest mosque in all of China. The Xi’an Mosque was first built in the year 742 and is one of the city’s famous landmarks. Continue exploring Xi’an with a visit to the Muslim Quarter – a small area of Xi’an particularly renowned for it’s local snacks and souvenirs as well as background.
The Muslim Quarter is a great place to visit to cap off a fantastic two day tour exploring all of Xi’an’s main attractions mixed with some off-the-beaten track places too! To conclude the tour, you’ll be transferred back to your Xi’an Hotel or alternatively, we can also accommodate a transfer to Xi’an Airport (additional fee) or Xi’an Railway Station for any evening departures to conclude the tour.
END OF TOUR.