3 Day Beijing tour visiting all the Classic Beijing attractions.
Join our team for this Classic 3 Day Beijing Tour including three full days exploring and experiencing Beijing’s best attractions. Discover the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and more! This tour is perfect for visitors who have three full days in Beijing and want to experience a Classic Beijing itinerary.
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Visit China’s most famous (and one of the world’s largest)public square – Tiananmen Square;
- Go inside the walls and go back in time at Beijing’s Forbidden City;
- Overlook the Forbidden City and Beijing city from the peak of Jingshan Park;
- Cruise the alleyways of Beijing’s famous hutongs in your own private rickshaw;
- Discover the largest Tibetan Temple in Beijing at the Lama Temple;
- Explore Beijing’s most renowned attraction – the incredible Great Wall of China at Mutianyu;
- Travel inside the Beijing Olympic Center and its famous ‘Bird’s Nest Stadium’ among other buildings;
- Discover the summer resort for the Imperial family at the Summer Palace;
- Taste a delicious meal of Beijing’s most famous local dishes – Peking Duck;
- Enjoy a Beijing acrobatics show or a Kung Fu show;
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 8:30 am: Meet at your Beijing Hotel Lobby (within 4th Ring Road)
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Visit Tiananmen Square
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Visit the Forbidden City
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Visit Jingshan Park
- 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm: Visit Old Hutongs via Rickshaw
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Enjoy Chinese Lunch at nearby Restaurant
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Visit Lama Temple
- 5:00 pm: Return transfer to your Beijing Hotel (within 4th Ring Road)
- 8:00 am: Meet at your Beijing Hotel Lobby (within 4th Ring Road)
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am: Transfer to to Mutianyu Great Wall;
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm: Explore Great Wall of China;
- 1:00 pm: Lunch at Great Wall (not included in pricing);
- 1:30 pm: Depart Mutianyu Great Wall of China;
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Explore Olympic Standium
- 4:00 pm: Return transfer to Beijing Hotel (within 4th Ring Road)
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Beijing Hotel Lobby (within 4th Ring Road)
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Explore Summer Palace;
- 1:00 pm: Visit Hongqiao Local Markets;
- 1:30 pm: Lunch at Hongqiao
- 2:30 pm: Transfer to Temple of Heaven
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Visit Temple of Heaven
- 5:00 pm: Return transfer to Beijing Hotel (within 4th Ring Road)
(3-Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 5,800 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 3,400 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 2,700 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 2,225 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 1,980 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 1,865 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 1,785 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 1,710 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
Please note, tour pricing is based upon max.of 9 x hour’s driver + guide service. For additional hours, extra fees apply
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Rickshaw Ride (1 x hour);
- Chairlift at Mutianyu Great Wall (both ways);
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- No meals are included but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based upon your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour – Stay overnight in Beijing
Arrive into Beijing the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the tour commences in the morning. Alternatively, we can also schedule the tour to being from Beijing Airport or Beijing Railway Station upon your arrival.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Beijing
To begin the tour, our tour guide and driver will meet you at your specific Beijing Hotel Lobby at 8:30 am. Meeting time is flexible as it is a private tour so please discuss beforehand if you have a preferred starting time. You’ll commence the tour by being transferred to Tiananmen Square – Beijing’s enormous public square and the world’s largest open square space.
Around Tiananmen Square there are various sights which we will visit and some nice photo opportunities as well. Some of these sights include the Great Hall of People in the West, which is China’s National Congress Hall (also known as China’s ‘White House’).
After exploring Tiananmen Square, we’ll walk across the road to the Forbidden City – the largest and best preserved Imperial Palace in the world. The Forbidden City houses a large number of buildings with inspiring architecture and incredible history. Following the Forbidden City visit, we’ll keep walking to Jingshan Park, which is a nearby park providing panoramic views overlooking the Forbidden City. It takes approximately 10 x minutes to walk from the base of the hill to its peak but visitors are rewarded with fantastic scenery of the surroundings and Beijing city.
Following the visit to Jingshan Park, travel approximately 15 x minutes to the Old Hutong Area (Houhai Hutongs). The Hutongs in Beijing have a history of over 700 years and whilst a number of these hutong houses have now been restored, many people still live in these areas. The Hutong visit is undertaken by a licensed rickshaw driver, making this a unique and enjoyable experience which is popular by visitors from all over the world.
Please note, some of the rickshaw drivers speak English but it can be limited – although they do know lots of local history. Overall, you’ll spend 1 x hour in and around the hutongs with time on the rickshaw as well as walking.
In the afternoon, we’ll depart the Beijing Hutongs and travel approximately 15 x minutes to a local Chinese Restaurant. Lunch isn’t included in the tour pricing and if you have any specific preferences for restaurants or cuisine type, please let us know and we can arrange accordingly. Following lunch, we’ll travel to the Lama Temple, which is located 20 x minutes away from the scheduled restaurant.
The Lama Temple is a famous Beijing temple, whereby the Gelug school of Buddhism is taught. It’s located in Dongcheng District in central Beijing and is a famous attraction for visitors to explore during their Beijing tour. We’ll spend approximately 1 x hour at the Lama Temple, before you’ll be transferred back to your Beijing Hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Beijing
To begin the second day of the tour, your tour guide and driver will meet you at your Beijing Hotel at 8:00 am (time is flexible based upon your preferences) for the day tour to the Great Wall. We will travel to the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall of China, which is located in Huairou County (approximately 1.5 – 2 x hours drive from Beijing).
After arriving at Mutianyu, we till board a chairlift to the top of the Great Wall where spectacular views overlooking the Great Wall and surroundings await you. The time spent at the Great Wall of China is very flexible and today’s activity’s are less so you can choose to spend more or less time exploring the wall, based upon your preferences.
The Mutianyu Great Wall is one of the most famous sections of the Great Wall near Beijing and less visited than the Badaling Great Wall section. Visitors have the option to take the chairlift to the peak and either a toboggan (extra fee) or chairlift back to the base of the wall.
Once you arrive at the base, choose from a simple lunch (not included) before traveling back to Beijing. Upon arriving back into Beijing, explore the Beijing Olympic Center, which is the Bird’s Nest before being transferred back to your Beijing Hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure.
Thereafter, depending upon whether you’d like to eat lunch or not, we’ll travel to the Hongqiao Market, which is a local market featuring restaurants, cafes and basically anything and everything you can think of to buy at a market! Afterwards, enjoy lunch (not included within tour pricing) at one of the many restaurants/eateries, before traveling to the Temple of Heaven.
The Temple of Heaven was constructed in the 1400s during the Ming Dynasty with multiple renovations of the years throughout the different dynasties. The Temple of Heaven is a major Beijing landmark and enjoyable way to explore during the afternoon. Once you’ve finished visiting, you’ll be transferred back to your Beijing Hotel to conclude the tour. END OF TOUR.