Land of the Dong
Off the beaten track day tour to villages
- High-Speed train travel departing from Guilin to/from Guizhou Province
- Step back in time at an off-the-beaten track, Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- Experience local Dong Ethnic Minority cultures & customs
- Dong Ethnic Minority Singing Performance
- Walk through Rice Terraces
- Visit Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village – the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in the world
All times outlined below are approximate times only as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible and schedules such as trains/train availability varies.
- Meet at your Guilin Hotel Lobby
- Transfer to Guilin Train Station
- High-Speed Train departs from Guilin to Guizhou Province
- Arrive at Train Station in Guizhou Province (1 x hour train ride)
- Depart Train Station towards villages
- Meet Driver at the Train Station upon arrival
- Arrive at Local Villages in Guizhou Province
- Visit Local Dong Ethnic Minority Villages
- Village tour, Cultural Insight & Experience
- Traditional Singing Performance
- Hiking between villages
- Visit another set of off-the-beaten track villages
- Visit Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- Return transfer to High-Speed Train station
- High-Speed train to Guilin (1 x hr)
- Return transfer to Guilin Hotel
Land of the Dong Tour Pricing
(Private Day Tour)
1 x Person = 3,020 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 1,630 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 1,170 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 950 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 810 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 710 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 690 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 630 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Return high-speed train tickets (2nd Class Seats);
- Dong Minority Performance;
- Entrance tickets to Zhaoxing;
Tour Guiding Fees:
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- No meals are included but our guide will assist you with options – whether it be snacks, noodle stalls or restaurants;
Please note, we would suggest you have a large breakfast as the first few villages are isolated and only have limited choices
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Meet your tour guide in the morning at your hotel lobby and be transferred to Guilin High Speed Train Station to wait for a connecting high speed train into Guizhou Province. Depending upon your hotel location as well as the high-speed train departure timetable will determine meeting time. Upon arriving at Guilin Train Station, you’ll check in and board a high-speed train destined for the Dong Ethnic Minority Villages of Guizhou Province. For reference, the train ride from Guilin Railway Station (West) to Guizhou takes approximately 1 x hour.
Upon arriving into Guizhou Province, a separate driver will be awaiting arrival and we’ll be transferred directly to an off-the-beaten track, Dong ethnic minority village. The village is very isolated and poor but everybody is ver friendly and welcoming to outside visitors. In support of the local village, we arrange a singing performance as well as tour around the village itself, allowing you to experience something totally different from what the Guilin/Yangshuo area has to offer.
Following the village tour and cultural experience, we’ll then transfer to a separate village – Tang’an Village where you can further explore and thereafter, commence a hike through rice terraces and natural scenery. The hike is a downhill hike leading to the largest Dong ethnic minority village in the world – Zhaoxing.
Upon reaching Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village,you will explore the village and be able to compare the differences between the other villages seen during the day. There’s also a local performance which is held in the late afternoon/early evening but just depends upon train departure time and whether it’s being performed when visiting.
After visiting Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village (and depending upon departure train timetable), you’ll be transferred to the high-speed train station to return to Guilin. Upon arrival back into Guilin (or Yangshuo as this can be offered too), your driver will be awaiting your arrival and transfer you to your hotel. END OF TOUR.