Private Shanghai Day tour around all the Shanghai City Highlights!
Join our team for this Private Shanghai Day Tour around the highlights of Shanghai City! The Shanghai Highlights Day Tour is a perfect choice for visitors looking to experience everything that Shanghai offers during a fully-inclusive day tour. Experience old, new, colonial & ‘off-the-beaten track‘ Shanghai over a full day tour with a private guide!
- Go back in time & experience Old Shanghai with visits to Shanghai Old Town and the Yu Garden
- Walk the back streets of Shanghai – learning about Shanghai and its City Wall leftover from the Ming Dynasty
- Explore Colonial Shanghai and it’s incredible architecture whilst walking along the Bund
- Visit the former French Concession Area, Arts District & more!
- Discover the famous Jade Buddha Temple in central Shanghai
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Shanghai Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Visit City God Temple of Shanghai and Yu Garden
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Visit Shanghai City Wall, Off-the-beaten track streets and the Bund
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Lunch at Local Restaurant (not included)
- 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Shanghai Afternoon City Tour including Former French Concession Area, Tianzifang Arts Area and the Jade Buddha Temple
- 5:30 pm: Return transfer to your Shanghai Hotel/END OF TOUR
Please note there is flexibility with the tour itinerary and various attractions can be replaced with other attractions based upon your preferences (please discuss with your tour guide at the start of the day so the tour route can be adjusted if preferred). Some of the other popular attractions that our clients like visiting include temples (Taoism Temple & Confucian Temple), Propaganda Post Museum, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Fuxing Park, M50 Arts, Fabric Market and more.
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Free Wi-Fi included throughout the tour;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide throughout duration of the private tour;
- We have proposed a unique lunch consisting of Dim Sum (which can be replaced if you have other preferences) but no dinner has been proposed;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
After experiencing Old Shanghai, prior to lunch, you’ll get the opportunity to explore Colonial Shanghai with a Bund Walking Tour. The Bund features colonial buildings and architecture as well as overlooks the Pudong New Area providing an incredible contrast of colonial and new China.
Your guide will discuss how Shanghai developed from a fishing village into one of the world’s great cosmopolitan cities, provide an insight into the impact of the opium war as well as other local stories. Following the visit to colonial Shanghai, you’ll be transferred to a popular local restaurant where lunch awaits!
For lunch, you can choose from a variety of different cuisine options based upon preferences. Our guides are locals in Shanghai and can show you the best Xiaolongbao, dumplings, international cuisine or more! Lunch isn’t included within the tour pricing so please discuss with the guide you preferences and they’re happy to be of assistance.
Following lunch, continue exploring the former French Concession Area via vehicle as well as walking – a throwback to Shanghai in the wild 1930s. You’ll also visit Tianzifang Arts Zone and there’s an option to visit either the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (additional fee), Propaganda Museum (additional fee) or one of Shanghai’s famous temples. The Jade Buddha Temple is the final stop of this Private Shanghai Day Tour. At the conclusion of your Shanghai tour, you’ll be transferred back to your Shanghai Hotel to experience the evening at leisure and conclude the tour. END OF TOUR.