Shanghai Propaganda Poster Centre - Private Museum offering Propaganda Posters
Located in the basement of No. 868 Huashan Road, Shanghai Propaganda Art Center is a private museum owned by Yang Peiming. It offers more than 400 posters, including the calendars from the 1910s and the posters during the Cultural Revolution.
- Chinese Name: Shanghai Xuanchuanhua Yishu Zhongxin (上海宣传画艺术中心)
- Number of Propaganda Posters: Over 400
- Things to do there: Photography, Chinese Culture and History
- Who visits: Photographers, Chinese Culture and History Learners
- Time required: 1 – 2 x Hours
Interested in visiting Shanghai Propaganda Poster Centre on a Shanghai Tour?
Shanghai Propaganda Poster Art Center is divided into three areas, and each area’s posters are classified based on a certain historical period. You can find the old calendars The first period from the 1910s to the 1940s in China. Some are rare in the existing market, such as the calendars with the the then stars on – Hu Die and ZHouxuan.
The calendars on which the female model with different hair style and clothes during different periods of time present the change of the times. Even, you will see the artistic images of some naked or semi-naked female models on the calendars between the 1930s and the 1940s.
In addition, the center offers the New Year paintings in the early liberation period, posters in people’s commune period, “Great Leap Forward” period, “Cultural Revolution” period, and post-Cultural Revolution. These posters reflect the prominent political themes at that times, which attracts foreign visitors.
Best time to visit the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Centre
As it is not popular among Chinese people, you can visit it at any time during the opening hours.
How to get to the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Centre
There are several buses passing by the art center. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the center. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 48, 113, 328 and Bus 548 to the Stop of Huashanlu Wukanglu (华山路武康路站). Then, walk to the center.
- Take Metro Line 1 and Line 7 to the Stop of Changshu Road. Walk to Exit 8 and then walk to the center
Additional Shanghai Propaganda Poster Centre Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 17:00
- As at 7th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the center is 20 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It is not allowed to take photos at the center.
Interested in visiting the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Centre on a Tour?