Guiyang to Guilin
8 Day Tour with a focus on nature, scenery and local cultures!
Join our team for this 8 Day Guiyang to Guilin Tour and adventure across different provinces with incredible scenery, villages and more! The Guiyang to Guilin Tour is a perfect choice for visitors looking to experience the karst formations in and around Yangshuo, attractions of Guilin, Longji Rice Terraces, traditional villages and ethnic minority cultures in Guizhou Province and China’s largest waterfall, Huangguoshu! This tour is a perfect choice for visitors seeking to experience a diverse range of things to do.
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Admire the large and powerful Huangguoshu Waterfalls – China’s largest waterfalls
- Enjoy the views and scenery at the Tianhe Pool Scenic Area, located on the outskirts of Guiyang
- Discover the last gun-bearing, marksmanship tribe in China at the Basha Miao Minority Village
- Explore the Miao ethnic minority villages of South-Western Guizhou Province
- Go off the beaten-track in Huanggang Village with its beautiful terraces and original village
- Travel through the Dong Minority Region of Sanjiang and its famous Wind and Rain Bridge
- Experience the Longji Zhuang Ethnic Minority Village with a traditional meal at a local home
- Explore the Longji Rice Terraces and the stunning scenery
- Travel along the Li River on your own Private Raft
- Climb the peaks of Cuiping Hill and overlook some stunning rural scenery
- See the spectacular views of the Li River from the peak of Xianggong Hill
- Explore the Yangshuo countryside and Yulong Valley via bicycle
- Drift along the peaceful and scenic Yulong River on your own Private Raft
- Enjoy dinner (not included) in one of the many restaurants in and around West Street
- Watch the famous Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show held on the banks of the Li River
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am: Travel from Guiyang to Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 11:00 am: Arrive at Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 11:30 am – 3:30 pm: Explore the Huangguoshu Waterfalls & surrounding Scenic Area
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Depart Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 6:00 pm: Arrive at Guiyang Hotel
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby.
- 9:30 am: Arrive at Tianhe Pool Scenic Area
- 10:00 am: Explore the Tianhe Pool Scenic Area
- 12:30 pm: Depart Tianhe Pool Scenic Area
- 2:00 pm: Visit Yelang Valley
- 3:00 pm: Return to Guiyang City
- 4:00 pm: Visit Jiaxiu Tower
- 5:30 pm: Return to Guiyang Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am: Transfer to Guiyang Railway Station
- 10:30 am: High-Speed train from Guiyang to Congjiang
- 12:30 pm: Arrive at Congjiang & Transfer to Dong Minority Village
- 1:30 pm: Off-the-beaten track Dong Ethnic Minority Village with Dong-choir singing performance
- 3:00 pm: Transfer to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 4:00 pm: Check-in to Zhaoxing Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at Zhaoxing Hotel
- 9:30 am: Explore Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Villages
- 10:00 am: Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Performance
- 12:00 pm: Hike from Zhaoxing to Tang’an (Optional)
- 1:30 pm: Depart Zhaoxing
- 3:00 pm: Arrive in Sanjiang
- 3:30 pm: Visit Sanjiang Drum Tower
- 4:30 pm: Transfer to Sanjiang Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Sanjiang Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am: Depart Sanjiang with transfer to Chengyang
- 10:30 am: Visit Chengyang Wind & Rain Bridge & Villages
- 12:00 pm: Transfer to Longji Zhuang Village
- 12:30 pm: Traditional Meal at Longji Zhuang Village
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Hike from Longji Zhuang Village to Ping’an Village
- 3:00 pm on-wards: Explore Ping’an Village & Rice Terraces Viewpoints
- 4:00 pm on-wards: Check-in to Ping’an Village Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Ping’an Village Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am: Arrive at Dazhai Village
- 10:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Explore Jinkeng Rice Terraces (combination of hiking and/or chairlift available based on preferences)
- 2:00 pm: Depart Dazhai Village & transfer to Yangshuo
- 4:00 pm: Visit Reed Flute Cave
- 5:00 pm: Check-in to Guilin Hotel
- 6:00 pm: City Lakes Walking Tour/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guilin Hotel Lobby
- 10:30 am: Visit & Walk-up Xianggong Hill
- 2:00 pm: Private Li River Cruise with Cormorant Fisherman Demonstration
- 3:30 pm: Depart Xingping with transfer to Yangshuo
- 4:30 pm: Visit West Street or Afternoon at leisure
- 7:00 pm: Transfer to Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show
- 7:40 pm – 9:00 pm: Watch Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show
- 9:15 – 9:30 pm: Return transfer to your Yangshuo Hotel
Guiyang to Guilin
Private Tour Pricing
(8 Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 23,050 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 12,895 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 9,340 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 7,645 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 6,620 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 6,550 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 5,980 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 5,550 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Driver’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Return high-speed train tickets (2nd Class Seats);
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Tour Guide’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- For this private tour, no meals are included (unless mentioned) within the tour pricing but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Please note, for a selection of recommended Guilin to Guiyang Hotels for you to book, please contact us directly!
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour – Stay overnight in Guiyang
Arrive into Guiyang the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the tour is focused on attractions in the Guiyang area for the first two days. We can also accommodate pick-up from airport or railway, depending upon your preferences.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Guiyang
Meet your guide in the morning and be transferred to the Huangguoshu Waterfalls. From Guiyang it takes approximately 2 hours to the Huangguoshu Waterfalls. The Huangguoshu Waterfalls are some of the largest waterfalls in China and East Asia with the main waterfall being 67 metres high. It’s a good place to visit for a day tour and aside from the main falls, there are also others and a number of different tracks within the scenic park to explore.
In the afternoon, return to Guiyang and explore the city at your leisure or with your tour guide during the afternoon.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Guiyang
Meet your guide in the morning and be transferred to the Tianhe Pool Scenic Area. The Tianhe Pool Scenic Area is a park featuring a number of waterfalls, springs, caves and pools set among karst scenery. The Tianhe Pools are a very famous attraction located on the outskirts of Guiyang City. After visiting the Tianhe Pools you will be transferred to the Yelang Valley. The Yelang Valley is a large park complex featuring a wide range of different artwork. Visitors are inspired and blown away by this attraction!
In the late afternoon, visit the Jiaxiu Tower, which is a Pagoda located in Guiyang City before you will be transferred back to your Guiyang Hotel where the evening will be at leisure.
Day 3 – Stay overnight in Zhaoxing
In the morning, your tour guide and driver will meet you from your Guiyang Hotel and you will be transferred to the Guiyang Railway Station to take a high-speed train to Congjiang in South-Eastern Guizhou Province and home to various Ethnic Minority groups.
After arrving into Congjiang, you will be transferred to an off-the-beaten track village of Huanggang. Here, it feels like going back in time and a major change from the nearby Basha and Zhaoxing villages! You will get to see a village ‘lost in time’ and of which the majority of Guizhou Province’s villages previously looked like. Aside from the village exploration, we assist the local community by arranging a private performance where the famous ‘dong choir’ songs are sung by local villagers.
In the afternoon, visitors can choose to visit – Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village. This particular village is home to the Basha Miao Ethnic Minority – the last hunter-gatherers in China permitted to have guns.
Visitors will have the opportunity to explore the village and see a performance undertaken by the local villagers. the more isolated and ‘off-the-beaten track villages. Full of wooden houses and a nearby river, Basha introduces visitors to the traditional culture and is an interesting village for a stopover.
Afterwards, you will be transferred to the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village, to enjoy an evening or daytime performance and spend the remainder of the evening at leisure.
Day 4 – Stay overnight in Sanjiang
During the morning, your tour guide will meet you at your Zhaoxing Village Hotel and you can further explore the village. There is an option to hike to a nearby village (Tang’an Dong Minority Village) and there are a number of Rice Terraces and paddy fields throughout this village and surrounding areas.
After exploring the bridge and villages, you’ll be transferred into Northern Guangxi Province to visit the town of Sanjiang where you will see the Sanjiang Drum Tower before enjoying the rest of the late afternoon and evening at leisure.
Day 5– Stay overnight in Ping’an Village
In the morning, depart from Sanjiang and visit the Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge, which is one of the most famous landmarks in Guangxi Province and an example of one of the many Dong ethnic minority bridges in the region. Aside from this famous bridge (which has been constructed without a single nail), you can also choose to explore the surrounding villages. There is a nice hike up to the nearby hill offering a panoramic view overlooking the villages and bridge (optional – no additional fee).
Following the visit to Chengyang, you’ll be transferred to the Longji Rice Terraces, which are a highlight of this area, North of Guilin. The first stop, is the Longji Zhuang Village, where you will be invited into a local family’s house for a traditional Bamboo Chicken Meal (low-key).
Inside the house, which is a traditional Zhuang Ethnic Minority style home, visitors will enjoy a variety of dishes including the choices of Bamboo Chicken, Bamboo Rice, vegetables and other local specialties. There is also an option for vegetarian meals (or if you have other food restrictions) if preferred – please advise us in advance.
Following the local meal, explore the Longji Zhuang Village before commencing the hike to the nearby village of Ping’an. For reference, it takes between 40 – 60 x minutes to hike between the villages and the trail offers spectacular views overlooking the Rice Terraces and forest. Alternatively, for visitors who’d prefer not to hike, there’s also an option available to be transferred directly to Ping’an Village.
Upon arriving into Ping’an Village, visitors have the option to further explore the Rice Terraces Viewpoints or alternatively, check in to the Ping’an Village Hotel and enjoy the late afternoon/evening at leisure.
Day 6 – Stay overnight in Guilin
Meet your tour guide in the morning at your Ping’an Village Hotel (meeting time is flexible and can be discussed with your tour guide). You can then further explore the Longji Rice Terraces or be transferred to the Jinkeng Rice Terraces, which typically takes approximately 45 x minutes from Ping’an Village. Upon arriving into Dazhai Village, you have a couple of different options that can be discussed with your tour guide, depending upon preferences.
Visitors can either choose to explore the Rice Terraces by hiking to the different viewpoints/villages or alternatively, take the cable car from Dazhai Village to Golden Buddha Peak. Either option can be accommodated.
Following the visit to Jinkeng Rice Terraces, you’ll be transferred to Guilin, which takes approximately 2.5 x hours. Along the way, stopover at the Reed Flute Cave, which is Guilin’s most famous and spectacular cave within the Karst landscape.
The Reed Flute Cave is a large limestone cave located on the outskirts of Guilin city and allows visitors to get inside and see what’s beneath the karst formations.
A visit to the Reed Flute Cave takes approximately one hour and afterwards, subject to time (and your preferences), you’re welcome to explore the central city lakes, pagodas and snack streets with our guide during the late afternoon/evening. You will be transferred to your Guilin City hotel, where the evening will be at leisure.
Day 7 – Stay overnight in Yangshuo
Meet your tour guide in the morning and travel to Xianggong Hill, which is located in the Yangshuo Countryside. After walking uphill for approximately 15 minutes you will see some beautiful views overlooking the Yangshuo countryside consisting of rivers, rice paddies, villages and karst scenery.
Thereafter, be transferred to Xingping where you will board your own Private Raft and travel along what’s considered to be the most beautiful section of the Li River. Admire the spectacular karst formations, surrounding villages and countryside scenery from your own private raft.
Following the Li River Cruise, you will be transferred to Yangshuo from Xingping to check-in to the hotel and subject to time, enjoy an afternoon at leisure. Visitors also have the option of exploring Xingping and the surrounding Xingping Old Town (although please be advised that it has been reconstructed so many of the ancient buildings are no longer original).
In the evening, enjoy a stroll along West Street with some dinner (not included in pricing) before watching the famous Impression 3rd Sister Liu Show which is held on the banks of the Li River during the evening. At the show’s conclusion, you’ll be transferred to your Yangshuo hotel for the rest of the evening at leisure.
Day 8 – Stay overnight in Yangshuo, Guilin or End of Tour
In the morning, your tour guide and driver will meet you at your Yangshuo Hotel to commence the day’s activities. The first stop of the day is Xianggong Hill, which offers one of the most spectacular views overlooking the Li River – Xianggong Hill. Xianggong Hill overlooks the river and karst scenery.
Following the Xianggong Hill visit, you’ll be transferred to the Yulong Valley where you will cycle around the bicycle/walking paths and enjoy the incredible surrounding scenery. At the end of the cycling experience, board your own private raft and flow down the Yulong River whilst a paddler on the back of the raft slowly pushes you along the river on the bamboo raft.
Thereafter, be transferred back to your hotel in Guilin or Yangshuo, or alternatively, conclude the tour with an airport or railway station transfer. END OF TOUR.