Cuiping Hill – the perfect Yangshuo Sunset Photography Viewpoint!
Last Update: 4th October 2020
What is Cuiping Hill?
Cuiping Hill still is a less-known hill located in the Yangshuo countryside near Putao Town (approximately 45 minutes drive from Yangshuo central).
It is considered to be one of the most beautiful places throughout Guilin and Yangshuo to watch sunsets – overlooking the spectacular karst formations, winding river, town and valleys below
Cuiping Hill Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Wuzhishan
- Things to do there: Yulong Valley Scenery, Sunset Photography, Photography
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts!
- Time required: 1 – 1.5 x hours (unless waiting for sunset!)
What to expect at Cuiping Hill
Best time to visit Cuiping Hill
If you’re planning to visit Cuiping Hill for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during sunset. At sunset, the setting set disappearing over the mountains with rivers, towns and dotted karst hills in the foreground make incredible scenes to capture.
However, you will need to arrive early as Cuiping Hill is no longer the hidden, unknown gem it once was and is a magnet for local & international photographers. There are a number of platforms at the peak of the mountain offering spectacular views and please be aware that at a normal pace, it takes approximately 20 minutes to hike from the base to the peak of the hill.
The best months for photography are usually from April until November.
How to get to Cuiping Hill
Cuiping Hill is located in the Putao countryside at a bend in the upper sections of the Yulong River and near some local villages. Yangshuo (link to Yangshuo) is located _ kms away from Cuiping Hill and the easiest way to travel independently is either via bicycle or taxi from Putao town (link to Putao)!
There is no direct bus from Yangshuo or Guilin to Cuiping Hill. Therefore, there are only a few options:
- Rent a vehicle departing from either Guilin or Yangshuo. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus from both Guilin or Yangshuo to Putao Town. From Putao Town, hail a local taxi to take you to Cuiping Hill and wait for you whilst you climb up the hill.
- Rent a bicycle from Yangshuo and cycle along the backroads to Cuiping Hill! Please remember to take a map with you!
Additional Cuiping Hill Travel Advice
- Cuiping Hill is quite isolated (e.g. no busy roads or traffic going past) so please arrange your transportation to/from the mountain beforehand as you won’t be able to hail a taxi or catch a local bus from this attraction.
- Entrance pricing is 50 CNY as at 4th October 2020. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)