West Lake Wanderings
Private Hangzhou 1 Day Tour to West Lake, tea farms and more!
Join our team for this private Hangzhou Day Tour around some of Hangzhou’s famous attractions! The Hangzhou 1 Day Tour is a perfect choice for visitors looking to explore Hangzhou including a visit to the famous West Lake, real tea plantation visit, lunch at a local tea farmer’s house, temple visits and more!
- Experience China’s high-speed trains during the journey from Shanghai to Hangzhou;
- Walk (or cycle) around the pathways of China’s most famous lake – West Lake
- Board a private boat to experience a tour of West Lake from the water;
- Visit a real tea plantation including a local lunch at a tea farmer’s house;
- Discover off-the-beaten track shops, temples and academy’s dotted around Hangzhou’s periphery;
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 8:30 am: Meet at your Shanghai Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: High-Speed Train from Shanghai to Hangzhou
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Explore West Lake
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Transfer to Tea Plantations from West Lake
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Enjoy a local lunch at a Tea Farmer’s House
- 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Visit Meijiawu Green Tea Village
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Visit Hefang Walking Street
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Visit Wansong Ancient Academy
- 8:00 pm: Arrive at your Shanghai Hotel/END OF TOUR
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Chinese Lunch;
- 1 x Can (per person) of Dragonwell Green Tea;
- Return high-speed train tickets (1st Class);
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- We have proposed a lunch at a local tea farmer’s house as a unique/authentic experience but no dinner has been proposed within the itinerary;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
In the morning, meet your guide and driver at your Shanghai Hotel lobby (we recommend starting at 8:30 am but it depends upon the location of your hotel!). Upon meeting, we will begin the tour with a transfer to Shanghai Railway Station. You’ll take a high-speed train from Shanghai Railway Station to Hangzhou Railway Station, which takes approximately 1 x hour. Please advise your passport details in advance so we can book your train tickets for you!
After arriving into Hangzhou, a driver will be awaiting our arrival and when we’ve met him/her, we’ll travel to Hangzhou’s foremost attraction – the incredible West Lake. You’ll also have the opportunity for a private cruise on West Lake to appreciate the views from the water level and of surrounding Hangzhou – considered by some to be China’s most livable city!
Following the West Lake boat tour, you’ll travel to a local tea farmer’s house for a unique Chinese lunch. This experience is very authentic and includes 6 x different dishes as well as drinks. Thereafter, explore the surrounding tea plantations at the nearby Meijiawu Green Tea Village. Walk into a tea plantation and learn about tea leaves, growing tea and admire the panoramic views overlooking the entire plantation.
In the afternoon, explore Hefang Walking Street, which features a number of traditional, Qing-dynasty style buildings. We’ll visit a local Chinese herbal medicine pharmacy (not tourist trap) to get a brief understanding of Chinese medicine. Afterwards, visit one of Hangzhou’s hidden gems at the Wan Song Ancient Academy. From there, return to Hangzhou Railway Station to take a high-speed train back to Shanghai, followed by a private transfer to your Shanghai Hotel to conclude this day tour. END OF TOUR.