Taste of Guilin
A tour focused on the foodies!
Join our team for this cuisine-focused private guided day tour around Guilin City, which includes a visit to a variety of different attractions as well as a deep-dive into local Guilinese and Chinese cuisine.
825 CNY *
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Taste the famous Guilin Rice Noodles directly from a local shop that has a history of over 100 years in Guilin!
- Go off the beaten track and back in time, visiting some hidden Ming Dynasty Tombs;
- Take a step back in time visiting a Local House in Daxu Old Town;
- Enjoy an organic lunch at a local Farmer’s Restaurant on Maozhou Island;
- Visit and walk-up the famous Fubo Hill;
- Explore the Guilin City Lakes and Pagodas on foot;
- Guilin City Local Food Tour including Oil Tea;
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- Meet at your Guilin Hotel Lobby
- Transfer to Local Restaurant
- Arrive at a Local Rice Noodles Shop
- Taste Guilin Rice Noodles at a famous local shop (the family has been making Noodles for over 100 years and the Rice noodles are considered to be among the best rice noodles in all of Guilin – it’s often very busy!)
- Depart Guilin City
- Transfer to Yaoshan (Ming Dynasty Tombs Area)
- Explore off-the-beaten track Ming Dynasty Tombs
- Depart Ming Dynasty Tombs Area
- Transfer to Daxu Ancient Town
- Visit a Local Resident’s Home in Daxu Ancient Town (he’s an antique collector with antiques leftover from the cultural revolution)
- Take a Ferry to the nearby Maozhou Island
- Depart Daxu Ancient Town & Maozhou Island
- Transfer to Fubo Hill
- Arrive at Fubo Hill
- Walk-up Fubo Hill
- Walk to Guilin City Lakes from Fubo Hill (25 minutes)
- Visit Guilin City Pagodas (Sun & Moon Pagodas)
- Oil Tea + Other Local Tastings during Food Tour
Taste of Guilin Tour Pricing
(Private Day Tour)
1 x Person = 2,290 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 1,400 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 1,115 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 960 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 845 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 845 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 835 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 825 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
Private MPV Van Transportation:
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Guilin Rice Noodles Breakfast
- Maozhou Island Ferry;
- Organic Lunch at Maozhou Island;
- Fubo Hill Entry fees;
- All Guilin Food Tour Expenses;
Tour Guiding Fees:
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
Please note, we would suggest you don’t eat breakfast before the tour begins as the first stop is a visit to a local Guilin Rice Noodles shop
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Thereafter, go back in time at an off-the-beaten track Ming Dynasty Tombs cemetery – with many tombs deserted in the Guilin countryside. These are quite isolated and a different type of experience compared to just visiting the popular tourist attractions.
Following the visit to the Ming Dynasty Tombs, travel to the ancient town of Daxu, which is a famous old town situated alongside the Li River. In Daxu, we will walk the old streets, see the ancient bridge and visit a local house before travelling to Maozhou Island. At Maozhou Island, relax and enjoy an organic lunch at a local farmer’s restaurant.
During the afternoon, return to Guilin City and visit Fubo Hill – which also involves an uphill walk to get beautiful views overlooking the city of Guilin. Fubo Hill is a famous Karst Mountain within Guilin.
In the afternoon, walk to the city center along the banks of the Li River and see the Shuangta Riyue Cultural Park (Sun and Moon Pagodas). The Guilin Pagodas are located in the central lakes area – a famous feature of Guilin City, especially in the evening! After visiting the pagodas, the evening food tour will begin with a delicious dive into some more local Guilinese cuisine.
For dinner, taste some Oil Tea, which is a unique dish to Guangxi Province as well as some other local dishes during an evening Guilin Food Tour. The tour will conclude following your meal with a transfer back to your hotel.