Guiyang to Kunming
6 Day Tour around the attractions from Guiyang to Kunming!
Join our team for this 6 Day Guiyang to Kunming Tour and adventure across a number of attractions between Guiyang and Kunming. Our Guiyang to Kunming Tour includes incredible natural scenery, an insight into local cultures and magnificent sightseeing. The Guiyang to Kunming Tour is perfect tour for visitors looking to experience the main attractions between Guiyang and Kunming.
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site at the Shilin Stone Forest;
- Discover incredible rivers, hiking paths and hidden caves in the Wanfenglin Scenic Area;
- Find out and learn about the karst landforms that number in the thousands throughout this area;
- Experience Guizhou Province’s incredible local cultures with a visit to some Miao & Dong ethnic minority villages;
- Be amazed as you watch China’s largest waterfall – the Huangguoshu Waterfalls;
- Explore all of Western Guizhou’s famous attractions and natural scenery;
- Step back in time at an off-the-beaten track, Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- Experience local Dong Ethnic Minority cultures & customs
- Dong Ethnic Minority Singing Performance
- Walk through Rice Terraces
- Visit Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village – the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in the world overnight stay
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am: High-Speed Train to South-Western Guizhou Province
- 12:00 pm: Visit Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village
- 3:00 pm: Transfer to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Explore Zhaoxing with Local Performance
- 7:30 pm: Arrive at Zhaoxing Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Zhaoxing Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am: Explore Zhaoxing Dong Minority Village
- 10:30 am: Hike from Zhaoxing to Tang’an Village
- 12:00 pm: Visit Tang’an Dong Minority Village
- 1:00 pm: Visit ‘off-the-beaten track’ Dong Minority Village
- 4:00 pm: Transfer to Guiyang Hotel
- 5:00 pm: Arrive at Guiyang Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby.
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Visit Qingyan Ancient Town
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Visit Jiaxiu Building
- 1:30 pm: Depart Guiyang
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Transfer from Guiyang to Anshun
- 3:30 pm: Check-in to Anshun Hotel
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Explore Anshun Night Markets & Snack Streets/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Anshun Hotel Lobby.
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Transfer to Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm: Visit Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 12:30 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Visit Buyi and Zuoqi Black Miao Ethnic Minority Village
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Arrive at Xingyi Hotel
- 6:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Xingyi Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Transfer to Wanfenglin Scenic Area
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm: Explore Wanfenglin Scenic Area
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Transfer to Malinghe Canyon Scenic Area
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Visit Malinghe Canyon Scenic Area
- 4:00 pm: Return transfer to Xingyi Hotel
- 4:30 pm: Afternoon/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Xingyi Hotel Lobby.
- 9:00 am – 12:30 pm: Transfer to Shilin
- 12:30 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Explore Shilin Stone Forest
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Transfer to Kunming Hotel/END OF TOUR
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Kunming City Walking Tour (Optional – no cost)
- 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm: Dynamic Yunnan Show (Optional – extra cost)
- 9:30 pm: Transfer to Kunming Hotel/END OF TOUR
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Driver’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Tour Guide’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- For this private tour, no meals are included (unless mentioned) within the tour pricing but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Please note, for a selection of recommended Guizhou Hotels for you to book, please contact us directly!
Arrive into Guilin the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the high-speed trains into South-Western Guizhou Province depart from Guiyang.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
In the morning, your tour guide will meet you at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby and thereafter, travel to the Guiyang Train Station where all of you will board a high-speed train. The exact departure point and corresponding time is dependent upon train and ticket availability (which will be advised upon confirmation of tour). For reference, the train ride from Guiyang Railway Station to the South-Western Guizhou Province railway station takes approximately 1.5 x hours.
Visitors will explore the village and watch the local performance, which the villagers perform. This is a great insight into their traditional culture as well as a way to support the development/improve their living standards! The village has become more ‘developed’ over recent years so if you’re looking for a very remote and isolated village, please let us know instead as we can switch over the itinerary.
After visiting Basha, you’ll be transferred to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village. This is the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in China nestled in a valley between surrounding mountains and rice terraces. Zhaoxing Dong Village features drum towers, old houses and spectacular views (especially at night).
You’ll get the opportunity to explore the village, check-in to their hotel and enjoy the local performance followed by dinner. A walk up to the viewpoint to see the night views is also an optional activity (no additional fee) for those interested. The evening is at leisure in Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Guiyang
Meet your tour guide in the morning at your Zhaoxing Hotel (meeting time is flexible and can be discussed with your tour guide). You’ll then further explore the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village. Thereafter, you’ll walk to the nearby Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village – which features a scenic walk along the trails and with spectacular views overlooking surrounding Rice Terraces!
The hike from the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village to Tang’an Dong Minority village is uphill and a great option to explore the nearby vilages from Zhaoxing.
Following the visit to the Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village, you’ll be transferred directly to an off-the-beaten track, Dong ethnic minority village. The village is very isolated and poor but everybody is very friendly and welcoming to outside visitors. In support of the local village, we arrange a singing performance as well as tour around the village itself, allowing you to experience something totally different from what Guiyang City and its surroundings has to offer.
Afterwards, you’ll be transferred to the railway station to board a high-speed train back to Guiyang, where you’ll arrive in the afternoon. Thereafter, private transfer from the Guiyang Railway Station to your Guiyang Hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure in Guiyang.
Day 4 – Stay overnight in Xingyi
To begin the day, you’ll visit the Huangguoshu Waterfalls. These incredible waterfalls have a height of 81 meters and are over 100 meters wide, making the falls Asia’s largest waterfalls. Aside from the falls, the surrounding scenery features various mountains, springs and a cave behind the falls.
Afterwards, visit two different ethnic minority villages – the Buyi ethnic minority and Zuoqi Black Miao ethnic minority villages. The Buyi people are famous for their textiles where you’ll be able to see their traditional weaving and spinning whilst the Zuoqi Black Miao ethnic minority wear amazing clothes – large earrings, dark turbans for their hair and clothing made from cotton. Transfer to your hotel in Xingyi in the late afternoon for the evening at leisure.
Day 5 – Stay overnight in Xingyi
During the morning, you’ll depart from your Xingyi Hotel and visit the Wanfenglin Scenic Area. In chinese, the direct translation is the ‘Ten Thousand Peak Forest’ and when you arrive, you’ll know why as there are karst formations as far as the eye can see!
Aside from the karst landscape at Wanfenglin, there are surrounding mountains, waterfalls, villages and fields, providing an incredible beautiful scenic area for visitors. You’re welcome to explore the area on foot as there are different trails or choose to take an electric shuttle for an additional fee.
Following the visit to Wanfenglin Scenic Area, you’ll stopover for lunch and thereafter travel to the Malinghe Canyon Scenic Area. As a tributory of the larger Nanpan River, the Maling River runs directly through this spectacular canyon with cliffs on either side of the river. During the afternoon, you’ll explore the Canyon and its surrounding area and visit the Tian Xing Gallery – the most famous scenic spot within the entire park (which is viewed by entering an elevator).
In the late afternoon, you’ll be transferred back to Xingyi for dinner. Your guide will assist you with dinner options, depending upon your preferences and after dinner, the rest of the evening is at leisure.
Day 6 – Stay overnight in Kunming/END OF TOUR
Today, we will commence the tour with a pick-up from your Xingyi Hotel. From Xingyi to the next attraction (Stone Forest), it takes approximately 3 x hours as you travel from Guizhou Province into Yunnan Province. Upon arriving into Shilin, you’ll have lunch and thereafter, visit the Stone Forest.
In 2007, the Shilin Stone Forest Scenic Area was listed as one of Yunnan’s UNESCO world heritage sites. It’s home type a unique type of karst landform and offers spectacular views overlooking the landscape. After the visit, transfer to your Kunming hotel or you can explore Kunming City/choose to watch the Dynamic Yunnan Show during the evening (additional fee) to conclude your tour.
END OF TOUR.