Wanfenglin Scenic Area - the largest karst peak forest in Guizhou Province, China
Last Update: 10th November 2019
What is Wanfenglin Scenic Area?
Located in the south of Xingyi City, Wanfenglin is composed of nearly 20 thousand green peaks. It is called “Cone Karst Museum in China” with the peaks with the cone-shaped top.
Wanfenglin Scenic Area Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Wanfenglin Scenic Area on a Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Wanfenglin Scenic Area, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Wanfenglin Scenic Area
Wanfenglin is made up of Xifenglin and Dongfenglin. Currently, Xifenglin is open to tourists while Dongfenglin is not developed. Xifenglin is a combination of fields, curved rivers, old Buyi Ethnic Minority villages, and lush green forests. Peaks in the area show different shapes. Visitors can also explore the natural lakes, caves and underground rivers.
At Buyi villages, visitors can discover the local life and enjoy its unique songs and dancing. The villagers have Bayin which means eight instruments in English. They always play the eight instruments at their festivals. The music made by the eight instruments are smooth, beautiful and sweet.
Best time to visit Wanfenglin Scenic Area
If you are planning to visit Wanfenglin for photography purposes, the best time to visit Wanfenglin is from February to October. Especially in February, the golden rape flowers always create breathtaking scenery.
How to get to Wanfenglin Scenic Area
As Xingyi government focuses on the tourism at Wanfenglin, Bus 19 can take visitors to Wanfenglin directly. Therefore, there are a few options as follows:
- Rent a vehicle from Xingyi or Guiyang to Wanfenglin. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a train from Guilin, Guangzhou, Zhanjiang or Nanning to Xingyi. Then, take Bus 19 or a taxi to Wanfenglin.
- Take a bus from Nanning, Baise, Guangzhou, or Anshun to Xingyi. Then, take Bus 19 or a taxi to Wanfenglin.
Additional Wanfenglin Scenic Area Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 17:30
- As at 10th November 2019, entrance pricing is 80 CNY per person; entrance pricing for the elder between 60 years (60 years old included) old and 69 years old (69 years old included) are 40 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; admission to the shuttle bus in the scenic area is 50 CNY per person; admission to Buyi performance is 100 NCY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you like to enjoy the scenery to the fullest or photograph it, it is suggested that you hike around Wanfenglin.
- If you are interested to experience the local life, it is recommended that you stay in one of the villages in Wanfenglin Area for 2 or 3 days or so.
- You can also rent a bicycle to cycle through the stunning landscape