Malinghe Scenic Area - an integration of natural landscape in Guizhou Province, China
Last Update: 19th June 2019
What is Malinghe Scenic Area?
Located around 10 kilometers east of Xingyi and 389 kilometers from Guiyang, Malinghe Scenic Area is composed of green peaks, karst caves, hundreds of calcified waterfalls and calcified frescoes.
Malinghe Scenic Area Fast Facts
What to expect at Malinghe Scenic Area
Malinghe Scenic Area features rich and unique resources. Calcified rocks stands still along Malinghe River and calcified waterfalls pour down the cliffs. Visitors can take the lift down to the bottom of the valley which is 200 meters below the horizon. Two bridges spans across the river, connecting the trail along the river and making a ring.
Visitors can also enjoy kayaking on the river or walk along the trail to the bottom to get close to the river scenery. It takes about 2 hours to finish kayaking while it takes about 15 - 20 minutes down to the bottom. If interested, visitors can visit the ancient buildings in the area, including old temples and tombs in Han Dynasty (202 BC - 220 AD).
Best time to visit Malinghe Scenic Area
The best time to visit Malinghe Scenic Area is summer as the water current is big enough. The waterfalls and Malinghe River are the most attractive in summer. If you are planning to visit for photography purposes, the best time to visit is from April to October.
How to get to Malinghe Scenic Area
Due to its own unique charm, Malinghe Scenic Area is getting more and more popular among tourists. Xingyi offers direct buses from Xingyi County to the area. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from Xingyi, Guiyang or Kunming. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a train from Guilin, Guangzhou, Zhanjiang or Nanning to Xingyi. Then, take a local bus to Malinghe from Xingyi.
- Take a bus from Nanning, Baise, Guangzhou, or Anshun to Xingyi. Then, take a local bus to Malinghe from Xingyi.
Additional Malinghe Scenic Area Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:30 - 18:30
- As at 19th June 2019, entrance pricing is 80 NCY per person (March 1 - November 30); entrance pricing is 60 CNY per person (December 1 - February 28); entrance pricing for the elder between 60 years (60 years old included) old and 69 years old (69 years old included) are 40 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; admission to the round-trip lift is 40 CNY per person; admission to kayaking is 198 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please take care of yourself, your camera and your cellphone when walking along the trail as there are water-drops down to the trail from the cliff.
- Please bring enough clothes with you if you are interested in kayaking.