6 Day Guizhou Tour exploring the Magical Minorities
Join our team for this popular 6 Day Guizhou Minorities Tour through the ethnic minority regions of Guangxi and Guizhou Provinces, experiencing different cultures, customs and villages. The Magical Minorities 6 Day Private tour is perfect for visitors who want to experience the ethnic minority villages of Guizhou.
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Experience the Longji Zhuang Ethnic Minority Village with a traditional meal at a local home
- Explore the trails, views and stunning scenery at the Longji Rice Terraces
- Travel through the Dong Ethnic Minority Region of Sanjiang and its famous Wind and Rain Bridge
- Visit the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in Guizhou at Zhaoxing
- Go off the beaten-track in Huanggang Village with its beautiful terraces and original village
- Discover the last gun-bearing, marksmanship tribe in China at the Basha Miao Minority Village
- Tour through various ethnic minority villages and areas of South-Western Guizhou Province
- Explore market days and rural life throughout the journey between Rongjiang & Kaili
- Discover Guiyang’s Jiaxiu Tower with history dating back over 700 years
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guilin or Yangshuo Hotel Lobby
- 09:00 am – 11:00 am: Transfer to Longji Zhuang Village
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Walk to & Explore Longji Zhuang Village
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Traditional Meal at Local House
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Walk to Ping’an Village
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Explore Longji Rice Terraces
- 4:00 pm: Check-in to Ping’an Village Hotel
- 4:30 pm: Explore Rice Terraces Viewpoints (Optional)
- 5:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Ping’an Village Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am: Explore Longji Rice Terraces
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am: Transfer to Chengyang
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Explore Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Visit Gaoxiu Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Visit Sanjiang Drum Tower
- 5:00 pm: Transfer to Sanjiang Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Sanjiang Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am – 11:00 am: Transfer from Sanjiang to Tang’an
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Explore Tang’an Dong Minority Village
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Explore Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Afternoon at leisure/Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Show
- 5:30 pm: Evening at leisure/Zhaoxing Night View (Optional)
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Zhaoxing Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Explore Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Explore Huanggang Dong Ethnic Minority Village with Singing Performance (low-key)
- 12:30 pm: Depart Huanggang Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Visit Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village
- 3:30pm – 5:00 pm: Transfer to Rongjiang Hotel
- 5:30 pm: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Rongjiang Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Depart Rongjiang
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: Explore Villages between Rongjiang & Kaili including Ethnic Minority Villages, Rural Market Days (subject to availability), Festivals (subject to availability) and more!
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Arrive at Kaili Hotel Lobby
- 5:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Kaili Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Depart Kaili
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Visit Shiqiao Miao Ethnic Minority Village & Matang Ge Ethnic Minority Village
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Explore Guiyang (Optional – no extra charge) – Visit Jiaxiu Tower
- 4:30 pm: Arrive at Guiyang Hotel/Airport/Railway Station/END OF TOUR
Private Tour Pricing
(6 Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 16,220 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 8,630 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 6,100 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 4,835 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 4,075 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 4,205 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 3,810 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 3,515 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Driver’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Tour Guide’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- No meals are included (except buffet lunch on-board Li River Cruise) but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Please note, for a selection of recommended Magical Minorities Hotels for you to book, please contact us directly!
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour– Stay overnight in Guilin City or Yangshuo
Arrive into Guilin or Yangshuo the day before your tour is scheduled to begin or alternatively, activities/itinerary/day order can be changed to reflect your arrival time.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Ping’an Village
Meet your tour guide in the morning and depart to the Rice Terraces, which takes approximately 3.5 hours from Yangshuo. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the Longji Zhuang Ethnic Minority Village and explore the village with its old architecture and experience life first-hand. For lunch, enjoy a traditional meal in a local family’s house (cooked in a restaurant kitchen).
Following lunch, walk from the Longji Zhuang Village to Ping’an Village along a quieter path offering views overlooking the terraces and usually, very few other people! This walk usually takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour and is on a winding uphill path, although not steep.
After arriving at Ping’an Village, walk to the different scenic lookouts and further explore the Longji Rice Terraces, depending upon your preferences. Thereafter, you’ll walk to your Ping’an Hotel to check-in and enjoy the evening at leisure.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Sanjiang
In the morning, depart the Longji Rice Terraces and continue further North travelling towards Chengyang. Upon arriving into Chengyang, visit the famous Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge, which is one of the most famous landmarks in Guangxi Province and an example of one of the many Dong ethnic minority bridges in the region
During the afternoon, explore the Chengyang Dong Ethnic Minority Villages as well as the nearby Gaoxiu Dong Ethnic Minority Villages before being transferred back to Sanjiang. In the late afternoon, visit the Sanjiang Drum Tower, be transferred to your hotel in Sanjiang and enjoy the rest of the night at leisure.
Day 3 – Stay overnight in Zhaoxing
After meeting in the morning, depart from Sanjiang and travel into Guizhou Province. Along the way, stopover at the Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village which is a scenic little village located in the hills.
Thereafter, either choose to hike down to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village or continue travelling towards Zhaoxing via vehicle and spend the remainder of the day/afternoon exploring Zhaoxing. In the late afternoon, explore Zhaoxing Village and if interested, watch the local show and overlook the village from a nearby viewpoint (which is really beautiful at sunset!). Evening at leisure.
Day 4 – Stay overnight in Rongjiang
During the morning, continue exploring Zhaoxing Dong Village before departing and visiting a nearby ‘off-the-beaten-track’ village – the Huanggang Dong Minority Village. This particular village is one of our favorite villages in Guizhou Province as the village has been left largely untouched and offers not only spectacular scenery but also a true insight into locals’ lives away from the busier larger towns.
Visitors will feel like they’re stepping back in time as they walk through the village and is a real highlight of this tour . A Dong Ethnic Minority choir (low-key) will sing some songs and you’ll discover different areas of the village. Explore both Huanggang and Bapa Villages during the morning.
Thereafter, visit the Miao ethnic minority village of Basha. This village is particularly unique in the sense that it’s the largest village within China that’s permitted to have guns.
Full of wooden houses and a nearby river, Basha introduces visitors to the traditional culture and is an interesting village, different from most within Guizhou Province. Over the recent years, it has become more popular with Chinese tour groups so please be aware of this. After visiting Basha, travel to Rongjiang, where you will spend the evening at leisure.
Day 5 – Stay overnight in Kaili
Today, after departing from Rongjiang, you will travel from Rongjiang to Kaili along the S308 road which connects Rongjiang to Kaili through the mountainous village route. Along this road, you will pass through a large number of different ethnic minority villages, markets and other experiences of daily life in rural South-Western Guizhou Province. If you’re lucky, you might experience a festival, market day or other local experience!
There are a number of Miao ethnic minority villages, (occasionally) festivals and other experiences along this road so you’re welcome to stopover at different markets, towns, villages, festivals (date dependent) and other places along the way. Stay overnight in Kaili and enjoy the night at leisure.
Day 6 – Stay overnight in Guiyang/END OF TOUR
Depart Kaili and stopover at the Shiqiao and Matang Ge Villages. Shiqiao Miao Ethnic Minority Village is famous as a traditional paper-making village and visitors can still this today. The Matang Ge Village is one of the Ge ethnic minortiy villages where before continuing to Guiyang.
In Guiyang, depending upon your flight departure time, you can either explore the city sights (such as Jiaxiu Tower as proposed within the itinerary), stay overnight in Guiyang, visit Qingyan Ancient Town or be transferred directly to Guiyang Airport/Train Station for your departure and to conclude the tour. END OF TOUR.