Guizhou Villages Discovery
2 Day Minority Villages Tour with an insight into ancient cultures!
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- High-Speed train travel departing from Guilin to/from Guizhou Province
- Step back in time at an off-the-beaten track, Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- Experience local Dong Ethnic Minority cultures & customs
- Listed to a Dong Ethnic Minority Singing Performance
- Walk through the Tang’an Village Rice Terraces
- Visit Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village – the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in the world overnight stay
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to train schedules
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guilin Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am: High-Speed Train into Guizhou Province
- 12:00 pm: Visit Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village
- 3:00 pm: Transfer to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Explore Zhaoxing with Local Performance
- 7:30 pm: Arrive at Zhaoxing Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Zhaoxing Hotel Lobby
- 10:30 am: Hike from Zhaoxing to Tang’an Village
- 12:00 pm: Visit Tang’an Dong Minority Village
- 1:00 pm: Visit ‘off-the-beaten track’ Dong Minority Village
- 4:00 pm: Transfer to Railway Station/High-Speed Train back to Guilin with Private Transfer upon arriving into Guilin
At the conclusion of the tour, we can transfer you to any railway stations in Guilin, Guilin Hotel or Yangshuo Hotel (additional fee).
Guizhou Villages Discovery
(2 Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 5,500 CNY per person
2 x Person = 2,930 CNY perperson
3 x Person = 2,075 CNY per person
4 x Person = 1,645 CNY per person
5 x Person = 1,390 CNY per person
6 x Person = 1,220 CNY per person
7 x Person = 1,150 CNY per person
8 x Person = 1,050 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
Please note, if you have a larger group visiting, please contact us to inquire about corresponding pricing.
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Driver’s Accommodation at Zhaoxing Dong Village;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Return high-speed train tickets (2nd Class Seats);
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Tour Guide’s Accommodation at Zhaoxing Dong Village;
- For this private 2-day tour, no meals are included within the tour pricing but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Please note, for a selection of recommended Zhaoxing Hotels for you to book, please contact us directly!
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour -Stay overnight in Guilin (or Yangshuo)
Arrive into Guilin the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the high-speed trains into Guizhou Province depart from Guilin.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
In the morning, your tour guide will meet you at your Guilin Hotel Lobby and thereafter, travel to the Guilin Train Station where all of you will board a high-speed train. The exact departure point and corresponding time is dependent upon train and ticket availability (which will be advised upon confirmation of tour). For reference, the train ride from Guilin Railway Station (West) into Guizhou Province takes approximately 1 x hour.
Upon arriving into Guizhou Province, your local driver will be meeting you to commence your exploration! The first stop in the itinerary is a visit to a nearby Miao Ethnic Minority Village. The village, Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village, is a small hunter-gatherer village known as the last tribe in China with guns!
Visitors will explore the village and watch the local performance, which the villagers perform. This is a great insight into their traditional culture as well as a way to support the development/improve their living standards! The village has become more ‘developed’ over recent years so if you’re looking for a very remote and isolated village, please let us know instead as we can switch over the itinerary.
After visiting Basha, you’ll be transferred to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village. This is the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in China nestled in a valley between surrounding mountains and rice terraces. Zhaoxing Dong Village features drum towers, old houses and spectacular views (especially at night).
You’ll get the opportunity to explore the village, check-in to their hotel and enjoy the local performance followed by dinner. A walk up to the viewpoint to see the night views is also an optional activity (no additional fee) for those interested. The evening is at leisure in Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village.
Day 2 -Stay overnight in Guilin or Yangshuo/END OF TOUR
Meet your tour guide in the morning at your Zhaoxing Hotel (meeting time is flexible and can be discussed with your tour guide). You’ll then further explore the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village. Thereafter, you’ll walk to the nearby Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village – which features a scenic walk along the trails and with spectacular views overlooking surrounding Rice Terraces!
The hike from the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village to Tang’an Dong Minority village is uphill and a great option to explore the nearby vilages from Zhaoxing.
Following the visit to the Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village, you’ll be transferred directly to an off-the-beaten track, Dong ethnic minority village. The village is very isolated and poor but everybody is very friendly and welcoming to outside visitors. In support of the local village, we arrange a singing performance as well as tour around the village itself, allowing you to experience something totally different from what the Guilin/Yangshuo area has to offer.
Afterwards, you’ll be transferred to the railway station to board a high-speed train back to Guilin, where you’ll arrive in the afternoon. Thereafter, private transfer from the Guilin Railway Station to your Guilin Hotel, Yangshuo Hotel or departure points to conclude the tour. END OF TOUR.