Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge - the highest and longest glass bridge in the world!
Last Update: 6th October 2020
What is the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge?
Located in the Zhangjiajie Great Canyon Scenic Area, the main span of the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is 430 meters. The bridge is 375 meters long and 6 meters wide. The bridge deck is about 300 meters high from the bottom of the canyon.
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Fast Facts
Interested in visiting the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge on a Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
Situated around 50 kilometers northeast of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, the bridge decks are paved with clear glass, and the entire project has no reinforced concrete piers. Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge was awarded the distinguished Arthur G. Hayden Medal at the International Bridge Conference on June 12, 2018.
In order to avoid pedestrians walking, many glass balls are placed on the different positions of the bridge to contain the vibration. Each glass ball weighs 400 kilograms. Visitors can admire the appealing view of the canyon from the bridge, which will make their adrenaline rise within seconds of standing on the Glass Bridge. If interested, they can also take part in bungee jumping in the middle of the glass bridge (subject to availability).
Best time to visit the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
The best time to visit Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is from April to October as it is not too hot or too cold during this period of time. April and October is the two best months to visit the bridge.
How to get to the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
As Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is located in the Zhangjiajie Great Canyon Scenic Area, visitors can to take the shuttle bus at Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station (张家界中心汽车站) or Wulingyuan Bus Station to the canyon. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle from Zhangjiajie City to the canyon. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, take Bus 4 or rent a car to the Central Bus Station to take the shuttle bus (Route: 中心汽车站 -江垭温泉 ). Please let the driver know that you will get off at the Great Canyon CarPark (大峡谷停车场). At last, take the shuttle bus of the canyon to the ticket office for the canyon. This shuttle bus is free of charge. Alternatively, take the shuttle bus from the Central Bus Station to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Transfer to the bus for the Great Canyon. The bus ends at the ticket office for the canyon.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Central Bus Station to take the shuttle bus (Route: 中心汽车站 -江垭温泉 ). Please let the driver know that you will get off at the Great Canyon CarPark (大峡谷停车场). At last, take the shuttle bus of the canyon to the ticket office for the canyon. This shuttle bus is free of charge. Alternatively, take the shuttle bus from the Central Bus Station to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Transfer to the bus for the Great Canyon. The bus ends at the ticket office for the canyon.
Additional Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Travel Advice
- As Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is located in Zhangjiajie Great Canyon Scenic Area, there are several lines for visitors to choose based on their schedule.
- As at 6th October 2020, Line C: the admission to the glass bridge alone: 168 CNY per person. Opening time: 16:20 - 17:30; 17:40 - 18:30. Line B: the admission to the bridge and the canyon: 275 CNY per person. Opening time: 07:00 - 11:25; 11:30 - 16:00. Line B: the admission to the bridge and the canyon: 259 CNY per person. Opening time: 06:30 - 09:00; 09:00 - 11:30; 11:30 - 14:00; 14:00 - 16:00. Only children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) are free of charge for the glass bridge.
- Be sure to bring your passports with you at the entrance.
- Up to 10,000 visitors are allowed to enter the canyon area.
- As at 6th October 2020, the following items are not allowed to bring when tourists visit the glass bridge: liquid substances such as snacks, beverages and mineral water, water cups (including thermos cups, glasses), crutches, cameras, video cameras, drones, IPAD, computers, tripods, pets, flammable and explosive materials, poisonous products, corrosives, radioactive materials, lighters and other fires, metal hard objects, other hard objects weighing more than 250 grams, controlled knives, guns, weapons, and oversized handbags and backpacks, etc.
- Those who are drunk and physically disabled,suffer from mental disorder, heart diseases, depression, acrophobia, and wear high heels are not allowed to visit the canyon.
- For the safety of you and others, except for small-sized carry-on bags (wallets, handbags, purses) and mobile phones with protective covers, other items must not be taken with you. Items that cannot be carried on the bridge can be stored in the left-luggage office.