Last Update: 19th October 2020
Yichang to Chongqing Yangtze River Cruise offers tourists a second option to enjoy Yangtze River upstream. The views are as amazing as those Chongqing to Yichang Yangtze River Cruise features.
- Chinese Name: Yichang Zhi Chongqing Changjiang Youchuan (宜昌至重庆长江游船)
- Duration of time: 5 days and 4 nights
- Things to do there: Cruise, Nature, Three Gorges, Photography
- Who visits: Adventurers, Photographers
- Time required: 4 – 5 x days
As at 23rd October 2020, 3 star, the 4 star deluxe and 5 star luxury ships serve passengers on Yangtze River. Usually, most of foreign tourists choose to take the 5 star luxury ships as the 5 star cruise ships are fully equipped and are fitted with the best facilities. For now, there are 7 brand cruise ships on the river – Gold Cruise, New Century Cruise, President Cruise, US Victoria Cruise, Changhai Victoria Cruise, China Goddess Cruise, and Orient Royal Cruise. The cruises are scheduled but not available for every day.
All of the 5 star luxury cruise ships offer good fully- equipped guest rooms with shower facilities and Chinese and Western buffet meals on board. Some of them are fitted with an indoor or outdoor swimming pool, spa, fitness center, cinema, cafe, bars and other entertainment facilities. Among them, US Victoria Cruise ships are acclaimed to be the best on Yangtze River. All offer Chinese-English interpretation service, and several of them offer Japanese and French tour guide service.
Different brand cruise ships are in different decorations. Some are in American, European or classical Chinese style. The cruise ticket for different cruise ships are different as well. On some ships, passengers can able to experience Tai Chi and enjoy a night dancing show.
Entrance pricing to a few attractions on the land along the river is included in the cruise tickets. Inclusions of the cruise tickets of different cruise ships may differentiate a little. Usually, the ships stop over at the followings: Fengcheng Ghost City, Shibaozhai Temple, White Emperor City (Baidi City), Goddess Creek, and Zi Gui – the hometown of Qu Yuan (BC 340 – BC 278).
As the cruise is affected by the water level in the Yangtze River, it is suggested that you enjoy the cruise between May and October when the rainfall in Chongqing is high.
To rent a vehicle to the departure port is the quickest and most direct option.
- Duration of the downstream cruise (Chongqing to Yichang): 4 days and 3 nights; duration of the upstream cruise (Yichang to Chongqing): 5 days and 4 nights.
- There are several Yangtze River Cruise brand ships on the river. The cruise ticket for different ships is different. In addition, the pricing of the ticket is changing day by day.
- Babies under 2 years old (2 years old not included) are charged 10 – 20 % of the pricing of the adult ticket. Baby ticket includes the buffet on board and schedule attractions included in the tickets.
- Younger children between 2 years old (2 years old included) and 12 years old (12 years old not included) are 50 % of the pricing of the adult ticket (67% for the Victoria Ship). Children ticket includes the buffet on board and schedule attractions included in the tickets.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)