Yellowstone Village - the largest viewpoint in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
What is Yellowstone Village?
Located in the south of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area, Yellowstone Village is surrounded by peaks and cliffs. It is the best viewpoint for the sunrise and the best and largest viewpoint for enjoying the sandstone peaks in the park.
Yellowstone Village Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Huangshizhai (黄石寨)
- Area: approx.16.67 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Cave Explore
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 x Hours
Interested in visiting the Yellowstone Village during a Zhangjiajie Tour?
What to expect at Yellowstone Village
Best time to visit Yellowstone Village
How to get to Yellowstone Village
There are five ticket stations in Wulingyuan Scenic Area. The Zhangjiajie National Forest Ticket Station is the closet one to Yellowstone Village. There are the tourists bus from Zhangjiajie Bus Station to National Forest Ticket Station. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a car from Zhangjiajie airport, Zhangjiajie Train Station or Zhangjiajie Bus Station to the National Forest Ticket Station. Then, take a cable car to the top of the mountain. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, rent a car to Zhangjiejie Train Station to take the shuttle bus. It takes 40 minutes drive from the station to National Park Ticket Station. Alternatively, rent a car to the ticket station. At the ticket station, visitors can hike to or take a cable car to Yellowstone Village.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Zhangjiajie Bus Station to take the tourists bus. It takes 40 minutes drive from the station to National Park Ticket Station. Alternatively, rent a car to the ticket station. At the ticket station, visitors can hike to or take a cable car to Yellowstone Village.
Additional Yellowstone Village Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 18:00
- As Yellowstone Village is located in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park which is part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area, visitors can enter the the park from National Park Ticket Station with the pass ticket for Wulingyuan Scenic Area. The pass ticket is valid in four days from the date when you get it ( For example, if the ticket is issued at 13:00 on Monday 9th July, 2018, the ticket is valid by 13:00 on Friday 13th July, 2018). You could take a complimentary eco-friendly car with the pass ticket. With the pass ticket, you can visit all the four scenic areas mentioned above and can enter the Wulingyuan from one of five entrances at the five ticket stations.
- After entering the ticket station, walk forward for 5 minutes. Arrive at Oxygen Square (氧吧广场). Climb the stone steps on the left. If your condition is unfit for climbing, please take the shuttle bus in the area with your pass ticket to the lower station of the cable car for Yellowstone Village.
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee which is applied between March 1st and November 30th plus the Spring Festival is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 248 CNY per adult (including the insurance); Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) and the elders above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge whilst these people are charged 68 CNY per person for the eco-friendly car(including insurance); Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 163 CNY per person(including insurance); The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old ( 70 years old not included) are charged 168 CNY per person (including insurance)
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee which is applied between December 1st and February 28th/29th is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 126 CNY per adult (including the insurance). Notes: The area can be closed because of the snow in winter.
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee to the round-trip cable car for Yellowstone Village is 118 CNY per person; admission fee to the one-way cable car for Yellowstone Village is 65 CNY per person; Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) are free of charge; Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 70 CNY per person for round trip cable car;Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 40 CNY per person for one-way cable car; The elder above 60 years old (60 years old included) are charged 70 CNY per person for round trip cable car;
- Please remember not to take any food in your hand in case that you are hurt by the wild monkeys on the path. If they are interested in your food, they will catch it from your hand.
- It is recommended that you take an umbrella with you when visiting the Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie.
- If you plan to visit the area in summer, you’d better take the sunscreen, floral water, sunglasses, band-aid and hats. Please remember to wear antiskid hiking shoes.
- During the National Day Festival of China, Spring Festival and the summer holiday, pricing for hotels and restaurants also goes up.
- You could bargain for what you want to buy in Zhangjiajie if you can speak Chinese well.
- Don’t be curious about quarrels or bizarre scenes. If you do that, you are most likely to be stolen.
- The ticket offices of most scenic spots offer luggage storage service.
- Be sure not to explore the areas marked with “No Passing” and “Dangerous” .
- The mountain road is wet and slippery in rainy days. In addition, rain and fog can also lead to unclear sight. Thus, it is not suggested that you risk climbing the mountain in the rain.
Interested in visiting the Yellowstone Village on a Tour?