Yangtze River Cruise – cruise to experience the Yangtze River Cruise
Last Update: 23rd October 2020
The Yangtze River Cruise is one of the most popular cruises in China. It offers a great chance to enjoy the natural beauty at Three Gorges and the historic and cultural sites along the river. There are two routes for the Yangtze River Cruise. One is from Chongqing to Yichang (4 days and 3 nights) and the other one is from Yichang to Chongqing (5 days and 4 nights).
Yangtze River Cruise Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Changjiang Youchuan (长江游船)
- Duration of time: 4 days and 3 nights / 5 days and 4 nights
- Things to do there: Cruise, Nature, Three Gorges, Photography
- Who visits: Adventurers, Photographers
- Time required: 3 – 5 x days
General Joseph W Stilwell Museum is in honor of General Joseph W Stilwell (1883 – 1946) and his outstandign contributions to the joint fight against fascism between China and the United States during World War II. Every year, a variety of exchange events between China and the United States are held at the museum.
In the guard room are the old office table, a wood chair and old-fashioned telephone used by Yang Mengdong (1916 – 2009), the aide of Stilwell. You will see a micro-cinematograph, a gramophone, and military documents in the meeting room. Next to the meeting room is a small resting room. In the office of General Joseph W Stilwell are the most advanced radio and telephone at that time. The fork and knife in the dining room was in the original order.
The underground floor was where the accompanying personnel lived and the ordnance was stored. Today it is divided into several halls. In time sequence, more than 200 historical pictures present us some information on the themes of “Stilwell and China”, “Campaign in India and Burma”, “Flying Tigers”, “Friendship Forever”, “The Hump Flying”. Four US military vehicles during World War II donated by Tan Yongzhao are well-preserved at the museum as well. The museum also has cultural relics and photographs of the anti-Japanese war in the Far East and videotapes produced by the United States reflecting the situation of the China-Burma-India Theater during World War II.
You could visit the museum at any time during its opening hours.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
To rent a vehicle to the departure port is the quickest and most direct option.
- If you are planning to take the cruise from Chongqing to Yichang, the arrival pier is Yichang Port. Please note, if the water level is too high or too low, the departure port will Fengdu or Fuling Pier and the arrival port will be Maoping Port.
- If you are planning to take the cruise from Yichang to Chongqing, the arrival pier is Chongqing Port. Please note, if the water level is too high or too low, the departure port will be Maoping Port and the arrival pier will be Fengdu or Fuling Port.
- Duration of the downstream cruise (Chongqing to Yichang): 4 days and 3 nights; duration of the upstream cruise (Yichang to Chongqing): 5 days and 4 nights.
- There are several Yangtze River Cruise brand ships on the river. The cruise ticket for different ships is different. In addition, the pricing of the ticket is changing day by day.
- Babies under 2 years old (2 years old not included) are charged 10 – 20 % of the pricing of the adult ticket. Baby ticket includes the buffet on board and schedule attractions included in the tickets.
- Younger children between 2 years old (2 years old included) and 12 years old (12 years old not included) are 50 % of the pricing of the adult ticket (67% for the Victoria Ship). Children ticket includes the buffet on board and schedule attractions included in the tickets.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested in visiting Yangtze River Cruise on a Tour?