Last Update: 23rd October 2020
Yangtze River Cableway is very popular in Chonqing and it is one of don’t-miss activities in Chongqong. It offers a great chance to enjoy the panoramic views near itself.
- Chinese Name: Changjiang Suodao (长江索道)
- Length: 1,166 meters
- Things to do there: Adventure, Photography
- Who visits: Adventurers, Photographers
- Time required: 4 minutes for one-way trip
Most of tourists to Chongqing would like to experience the Yangtze River Cableway. Thus, the time for queuing up is at least 1 hour. In summer holiday, it even requires up to 3 hours to line up for it in the daytime. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you take the cable car in the evening except the public holidays in China. Moreover, the views at night seen from the cable car are absolutely more amazing than those in the daytime. And from June to September, it is very hot in Chongqing.
In the cable car, you’ll see the breathtaking sunset and the high-rise buildings in the colorful lights, which is a feast for eyes.
The best time to enjoy Yangtze River Cableway is in the evening.
You could enjoy Yangtze River Cableway around the year.
There are no direct buses or subways to the entrance to the cableway in Chongqing City. Thus, there are just a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the entrance to the cableway. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Metro Line 1 or 6 to the Stop of Xiaoshizi (小什字站). And walk to the entrance to the cableway.
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 22:30 (March – October); 07:30 – 21:30 (November – February)
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the one-way cable car is 20 CNY per person; the entrance pricing to the round-trip cable car is 30 CNY per person; children under 1.3m tall (1.3m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Those goods with the volume more than 0.4 cubic meters and with a length more than 1.8 meters are forbidden to bring into the cable car.
- After taking one-way cable car to the opposite bank, you are required to queue up for the second time for the return cable car.
- If you are planning to enjoy the cable car in the daytime, it is recommended that you bring enough drinking water with you.