Xianggong Hill – great place to see the Li River at Sunrise
Last Update: 4th October 2020
What is Xianggong Hill?
Standing around 1 hour ride from West Street Yangshuo, Xianggong Hill offers amazing sunrise at the Li River. In addition, you can appreciate the bird’s eye view of the Li River on the hill.
Xianggong Hill Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Xianggongshan (相公山)
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Sunrise
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 1 hour
Interested in visiting Xianggong Hill during a Yangshuo Tour?
What to expect at Xianggong Hill
At sunrise, the karst hills around Xianggong Hill are covered in clouds. With the sun rising, the golden sunlight penetrates the clouds and the hills wear stunning covers. During the sunset, you can see views before you changing all the time. It will be an unforgettable and exciting experience. If you are interested to enjoy the sunrise there, it is suggested that you get to the viewpoint of the hill 1 hour at least in advance of the sunrise as many professional photographers always get to possess a great spot for photographing.
Xianggong Hill features different views in different seasons. When it rains from March to May, the karst hills and village around are hidden in fog. With the wind flowing, some of them appear while others are still hidden. The surrounding looks like a fairyland. All views are just like those in the Chinese paintings.
Between late September and early October, it rains little in Yangshuo. Local boats run on the river, which creates the lines. In the early morning, the sunlight directly shines onto the surface of the Li River during the sunrise and refracts through the water surface. Looking from the viewpoint on the hill, the boats, the sunlight and the lines in the golden lights make for a shape of the golden phoenix.
As it is a little cold in winter, the Xianggong Hill will be a little quieter than any other time around the year. If you’d like to view the sunrise there, it is strongly recommended that you wear enough warm clothes.
Best time to visit Xianggong Hill
If you’d like to visit the hill for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at sunrise.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Xianggong Hill
There is no direct bus from Yangshuo to Xianggong Hill. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Xianggong Hill Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- As at 4th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the hill is 60 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 30 CNY per person; For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It takes around 10 -15 minutes walk up to the viewpoint on the hill.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.