What is Tiantouzhai Village?
Home to the Red Yao People for hundreds of years, Tiantouzhai Village stands on the mountainside. It is the highest village in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area. The village is a good point to appreciate the panoramic views of Jinkeng Rice Terraces.
- Chinese Name: Tiantouzhai (田头寨)
- History: more than 400 years
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
From June to early October, rice terraces around Tiantouzhai Village offer the attractive views. At early October before the harvest, golden rice adds more charm to the village. The golden rice terraces look like beautiful ribbons. They dance to the wind. On fine days, the village is under a starry sky and many of the houses are transformed into hotels or hostels. So you don’t need to worry about the accommodations if you’re planning to enjoy the gorgeous night views at the village.
If it snows in winter, especially at early January, the village is covered with snow, showcasing another beauty. In addition, it is the time when the number of tourists at the village is the smallest.
If you’d like to visit the village for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at sunrise.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As it is located in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area, you’d need to pay for the entrance pricing to the area.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus in the area) is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It requires a 40-minutes walk from Tiantouzhai Village CarPark to the village.
- Local women offer the luggage transfer service based on the weight and the number of the luggage from Tiantouzhai Village CarPark to the hotel you’re staying overnight at the village.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please take enough clothes with you if you are planning to visit in winter as it is colder than Guilin.
- Please take an umbrella with you in case it is rainy there.