Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk - offering a glass walkway in the sky
Last Update: 6th October 2020
What is the Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk?
Built on wall of a cliff in Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park in Zhangjiajie, Tianmen Mountain Glass Path was open to the public in October, 2011. It is 60 meters long with the highest point of 1,430 meters.
Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk on a Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at the Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk
Tianmen Mountain Glass Path offers a great chance for visitors to enjoy the stunning scenery and make their adrenaline rise. Visitors also can challenge themselves. On sunny days, the reflection of the blue sky and white clouds is covered with the entire path, making visitors feel that they stepped on the clouds.
On foggy days, visitors walk on the path and they will feel that they were in a fairyland. A hanging glass platform which is 4 -5 meters out of the glass path offers visitors a chance to photograph the amazing views.
Best time to visit Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk
The best time to visit Tianmen Mountain Glass Path is April, May, September and October. For it is located in Tianmen Mountain which opens at 08:00am and closes at 17:00pm, it is impossible to enjoy the sunrise and the sunset in the area.
How to get to Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk
As Tianmen Mountain Glass Path is situated in Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, visitors shall know how to get to Tianmen Mountain at first. Then, walk to the path. There are several buses from Zhangjiajie City to the mountain. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a car from Zhangjiajie airport, Zhangjiajie Train Station or Zhangjiajie Bus Station to the mountain. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 4, Bus 5 and Bus 10 to the lower station of the cableway of Tianmen Mountain in Guanliping (官黎坪) from Zhangjiajie Bus Station. It takes a 10 minutes drive there.
- Take Bus 6 and Bus 5 to the lower station of the cable-way of Tianmen Mountain in Guanliping from Zhangjiajie Train Station. It takes a 5 minutes drive there. Or you could walk there from the railway station.
- Take Bus 4, Bus 5 and Bus 6 to the lower station of the cable-way of Tianmen Mountain in Guanliping from Zhangjiajie airport.
Additional Tianmen Mountain Glass Walk Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 16:00
- As it is part of Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, visitors shall get the admission to the park at first. For the pricing information of the park, please visit Tianmen Mountain Travel Guide.
- It is required to rent a pair of cloth shoe cover before walk the path. Staff near the path will provide it to you. The rental is 5 CNY per person as at 6th October 2020. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Those who are drunk and physically disabled,suffer from mental disorder, heart diseases, depression, acrophobia, and wear high heels are not allowed to visit the canyon.
- For the safety of you and others, except for small-sized carry-on bags (wallets, handbags, purses) and mobile phones with protective covers, other items must not be taken with you. Items that cannot be carried on the bridge can be stored in the left-luggage office.