Shenlong Gorge – scenic area and resort near Chongqing
Last Update: 23rd October 2020
Located around 79 kilometers from Chongqing City, the Shenlong Gorge is the closest gorge to Chongqing City and the most primitive gorge in Chongqing Region. It features green woods, bamboo forests, and other species of plantation. Both sides of the gorge are lined with bush wood and bamboo forests.
Shenlong Gorge Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Shenlongxia (神龙峡)
- Area: 20 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Adventure, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventurers, Hikers
- Time required: 3 – 4 hours
Air in the Shenlong Gorge is very fresh due to the environment. In summer, the average temperature there is 24 centigrade degree.
The Shenlong Gorge offers several cliffs with different appearances and several underground waterfalls in the cave. Drifting along the gorge is also amazing. With a length of around 3 kilometers, the drifting starts from Qingyun Gorge and finishes at Youxia Gorge. Along the drifting, you also can appreciate the breathtaking natural views on either side in summer. In addition, you could enjoy BBQ at a specific spot. Or, you could enjoy camping in the gorge.
If you’d like to experience drifting there, the best time to visit Shenlong Gorge is in the morning between June and August.
The best months to visit are from May to October.
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus from Chongqing to Shenlong Gorge. Thus, the only option is to rent a vehicle to the gorge from Chongqing City.
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:00
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the gorge is 90 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 65 years old (65 years old not included) are charged 45 CNY per person; the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge.
- The entrance pricing to the gorge and the drifting is 200 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- Children under 1m tall (1m tall not included) are forbidden to enjoy drifting; the elder above 60 years old (60 years old included) are forbidden to enjoy drifting.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- If you’d like to enjoy drifting, please take more clothes to get changed.