Sanmenhai National Park–Global Karst Geopark located in Guangxi Province
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Sanmenhai National Park?
Lying around 480 kilometers southwest of Guilin and 350 kilometers northwest of Nanning, Sanmenhai National Park features the largest tiankengs in the world. It offers karst hills, caves and tiankengs to explore.
Sanmenhai National Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Sanmenhai Guojia Gongyuan (三门海国家公园)
- Location: Poxin Village, Paoli Township, Fengshan County, Hechi, Guangxi (广西河池市凤山县袍里乡坡心村)
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Boating
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at Sanmenhai National Park
Sanmenhai National Park is recognized as the only scenic spot in the world by the World Cave Association. It integrates natural landscape, longevity culture and revolutionary historical heritage. There are seven karst tiankeng developed there.
There are several lakes on the ground and underground lakes with a total area of several square kilometers in the area. There are currently three skylights that can be accessed by boat through natural passages. If you take boating in the skylights, you will feel that there are seas in the mountains and doors on the sea.
The best time to visit Sanmenhai National Park is in the morning on sunny days.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
There are direct buses from Fengshan Bus Station (凤山县汽车站). Or you could just rent a vehicle to the park from Nanning or Guilin.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park is 98 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.5m tall (1.5m tall not included) are charged 49 CNY per person; the elder above 60 years old (60 years old included) are charged 49 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear the sunscreen cream and sunglasses with you.