Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park – Sun and Moon Pagodas in central Guilin City!
What is the Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park?
Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Guilin Riyue Shuangta Wenhua Gongyuan (桂林日月双塔文化公园)
- Height of the Sun Pagoda: 41 x meters tall
- Height of the Moon Pagoda: 35 x meters tall
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Architects
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
Interested in visiting Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park on a Private Tour in Guilin?
What to expect at Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park
The Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park (Sun and Moon Pagodas) in Guilin is the first cultural park in China with the theme of “the harmony among Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism”. It is a tourist attraction integrating culture, art, religion, architecture, science and technology and natural landscape.
The 9-layer Sun Pagoda is 41 meters tall. It was built with 350 tons of copper. All the components of the pagoda, such as tiling, cornices, brackets, sparrow braces, doors and windows, columns, beams, ceilings, and the floor are completely decorated with copper murals. There is a lift in the pagoda as well. It can take you to the sixth floor and then you walk to the eighth floor to admire the panoramic view of the city. A copper bell for blessing is on the ground floor. You could enjoy yourself with cups of tea on the ground floor or the first floor in the pagoda. On the seventh and the eighth floor, you could also admire the relics of Buddha.
The 7-layer Moon Pagoda is 35 meters tall. It is a glazed pagoda. Carvings on doors and windows on each floor symbolize different themes. The pagoda is connected to the Sun Pagoda by an 18-meters-long underground tunnel. On the ground floor, you will see the copper statues of Confucius and Lao Tseu. At the underground museum, you will find reliefs of Bhaisajyaguru, Sunlight Bodhisattva and Moonlight Bodhisattva and patron saint of the Chinese zodiac.
In the evening, the Sun Pagoda gives out gold lights while the Moon Pagoda gives out silver lights, making a stunning picture.
Best time to visit Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park
If you are planning to visit the park for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the evening.
The best months to visit are from March to October.
How to get to Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park
A few buses pass by the park. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 99, 10, 11, and Bus 100 to the Stop of Yangqiao Bridge (阳桥站). Then, walk to the park.
- Take Bus 88, 16 and Bus 5 to the Stop of Wenming Road (文明路站). Then, walk to the park
Additional Riyue Shuangta Cultural Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 22:00 (visitors are not allowed to visit the park from 21:00)
- As at 18th January 2023, the entrance pricing to the park is 42 CNY per person; Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reflections of the two pagodas in the evening are amazing.
- If you would like to take pictures of the two pagodas in the evening, it is suggested that you take photos at the back of the lake.