What is Qingcheng Mountain?
Declared as a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000, Qingcheng Mountain stands 10 kilometers southwest of Dujiangyan Irrigation System and 68 kilometers east of downtown Chengdu. Covering an area of 200 square kilometers, the mountain offers old Taoist temples with hundreds of pieces of plants to explore.
- Chinese Name: Qingchengshan (青城山)
- Location: approx. 2 x hours
- Things to do there: Photography, Taoist Culture, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Taoist Believers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 5 – 6 x Hours
Situated at the foot of the Zhangren Peak (丈人峰), the existing Jianfu Palace was rebuilt in 1888. It has three halls with the statues of Taoist celebrities worshiped. The existing Tianshidong Temple is surrounded by mountains on three sides. One side faces a stream.
Apart from these Taoist buildings, visitors can also enjoy the natural beauty around the area. Flying Springs Ditch, White Clouds Cave and Zhaogong Mountain. As the main peak of Qingcheng Mountain, Zhaogong Mountain (赵公山) is 2,434 meters above sea level. It is endowed with not only natural beauty but also clear and quiet water.
If you are planning to visit the mountain for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during the sunrise.
The best months to visit are from June to August as the mountain is an ideal summer resort.
- Rent a vehicle from Chengdu or Dujiangyan City. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a train from the Chengdu North Railway Station (成都北站) to the Qingcheng Railway Station (青城站).
- Take Bus 101 from from Dujiangyan Irrigation System to Stop of Qingchengshan Jingqu (青城山景区站).
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (March 2 – November 30); 08:00 – 18:00 (December 1 – March 1)
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for the Front Mountain is 90 CNY per person; children between 6 years old (6 years old not included) and 18 years old (18 years old not included) are charged 45 CNY per person; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old not included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) are charged 45 CNY per person; Children under 6 years old/1.3m (6 years old/1.3m included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge;
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for the Rear Mountain is 20 CNY per person; children between 6 years old (6 years old not included) and 18 years old (18 years old not included) are charged 10 CNY per person; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old not included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) are charged 10 CNY per person.
- As at 7th October 2020, the entrance pricing for the shuttle bus in the area is 20 CNY per person; entrance pricing for the round-trip cable car of Shangqing Palace is 60 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- You can refresh yourself with tea in one of the tea house on the mountain.
- If you are planning to photograph the sunrise there, it is suggested that you stay overnight Tianshidong Temple or Shangqing Palace.
- Please take an umbrella with you when climb the mountain.