Northern Hot Springs Park – famous hot spring in Chongqing
Last Update: 23rd October 2020
Located in Beibei Distric, Chongqing, 50 kilometers from Chongqing City, Northern Hot Springs Park was originally built in 423 and rebuilt in 1432. Old places of interests are dotted in the park. The oldest one is Beiquan Temple. There are also caves, pools and rare and precious trees to enjoy in the park.
Northern Hot Springs Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Beiwenquan Gongyuan (北温泉公园)
- Area: 10 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Architecture, Spring, Stone Carvings
- Who visits: Photographers, Architects, Buddhist Disciples
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Originally built in the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644), the existing Beiquan Temple features 18 stone sculptures on the cliff on the back mountain. The sculptures were created in the Song Dynasty (960 – 1279). In addition, you’ll find small stone sculptures of animals, such as monkeys, tigers, etc and flowers, and birds from the Song Dynasty through the Ming Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1912). In addition, there are old stone inscriptions in the Ming and Qing Dynasties as well to appreciate.
With 10 springs in total, Northern Hot Springs are composed of indoor and outdoor spring pools. There are 2 outdoor pools. One has 2 springs with the fast water flow. The other one is deeper. It is great for swimming.
With a length of 157.5 meters, Ruhua Cave is rich in stalagmites with different shapes. Sunlight penetrates through the holes of the cave, creating a stunning view to enjoy. In the fish pond near the Beiquan Temple, colorful fishes enjoy themselves. You could feed them on biscuit, or bread.
The best time to visit Northern Hot Springs Park is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from May to October.
There is no direct bus to Northern Hot Springs Park. The only option is to rent a vehicle to the park.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the Northern Hot Spring including bathing in the spring pools is 298 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)