What is Longji Zhuang Village?
Longji Zhuang Village has the oldest, largest and most complete Zhuang stilted building complex in Guangxi. It features 5 old houses more than 100 years old. They are the typical Zhuang buildings. It is a quiet village in Longji Rice Terraces. You can experience the authentic tradition there.
- Chinese Name: Longji Guzhuangzhai (龙脊古壮寨)
- History: more than 400 years
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 hours
Home to Baiyizhuang Ethnic Minority for more than 400 years, Longji Zhuang Village is situated in Longji Zhuang Rice Terraces. It is the only one village there. As it is not popular among tourists, the traditional life and customs are well preserved from generation to generation.
Nowadays, there are 2 stone gates at the village. All people need to pass through the gates if they wan to to go out. The doors are carved with the figure of Guanyu. You may find more than 50 stone bridges around the village.
If you’d like to experience the local life there, the best time to visit is in the late afternoon and at night.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As it is located in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area, you’d need to pay for the entrance pricing to the area.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus in the area) is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please take enough clothes with you if you are planning to visit in winter as it is colder than Guilin.
- Please take an umbrella with you in case it is rainy there.