Liu San Jie Show – presenting local life in Guangxi on the Li River
Last Update: 4th October 2020
What is the Liu San Jie Show?
Liu San Jie Show is the first landscape show across China. It is performed at the Li River. Twelve karst hills make for amazing background for it. The show is a combination of the natural beauty along the Li River and the local culture.
Liu San Jie Show Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yinxiang Liusanjie (印象刘三姐)
- Location: the Li River
- Things to do there: Photography, Culture, Light Show
- Who visits: Photographers, Culture Lovers, Art Lovers
- Time required: 1 hour
What to expect at the Liu San Jie Show
Liu San Jie Show tells the local customs and the story of Liu Sanjie through the views on the Li River and singing and dancing as well as the changing lights. The theater is dotted with tea trees and fernleaf hedge bamboo forests. From August 2019, the theater has a museum introducing the story of Liu Sanjie and the history and development of the show.
The show shows the story that Liu Sanjie withstood the oppression of Landlord Mo and managed to escape the persecution and marry Aniu Ge.
The show is composed of five parts with different colors. The red singing game between girls and boys is a combination of red satin and local folk songs. The view of the red satin dancing by the boys on the bamboo raft and the exciting music make for a adrenaine-rising scene.
The Part of Green Hometown demonstrates the local life. The bulls, cowherds with happy children present the traditional farming life. The lady washing clothes at the Li River, and the fishing boats in the evening depict the daily life of locals.
Blue Love Song employs the folk song to show the love between Liu Sanjie an Aniu Ge. Bamboo forests, wooden houses and the moon are the background. The most impressive is that one lady dances on the moon floating on the river while the bride gets changed after bathing. All prepare for the scene where Aniu Ge picks Liu Sanjie up to live together.
Golden Lights on Fishing Boats build up the classical pictures on the Li River. Cormorants, bamboo rafts, lights on fishing boats, bamboo pillars and local straw rain capes on performers introduce the cormorant fishing on the Li River.
Silver Ceremony shows the scene of the folk ceremony in the legend of Liu Sanjie. Ladies in the ethnic minority costumes with silver neon lights create breathtaking views in the dark night.
Best time to visit the Liu San Jie Show
The show is usually put on at 19:30 pm. In peak season, it is put on three times every day. In low season, there is just one show. Every show lasts for around 70 minutes.
The best months to enjoy the show are from April to November.
How to get to the Liu San Jie Show
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus from Yangshuo to the show theater. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Liu San Jie Show Advice
- Opening hours: 19:30 and 21: 05 as at 11th November 2019. The theater reserves the right to change the opening hours based on the weather conditions.
- If the water level is too high in the Li River, the show will be canceled.
- As at 4th October 2020, there are five seating type at the theater. The ticket for A2 Presidential is 480 CNY per person; The ticket for A1 Presidential is 680 CNY per person; The ticket for B2 Presidential is 268 CNY per person; The ticket for B1 Presidential is 358 CNY per person; the ticket for the seating at Section C is 238 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 90 CNY per.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- The children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) who purchase the children tickets are just offered a small bench to sit before or beside the parents and there aren’t assigned seats for them. The experience may be not good. Therefore, if you want your children to get great experience, it is suggested that you purchase an adult ticket for them.
- Please get to the theater 30 minutes in advance.