Jinkeng Rice Terraces – best views at the Rice Terraces
What are the Jinkeng Rice Terraces?
Jinkeng Rice Terraces is acclaimed to feature the most amazing views compared to the other two rice terraces area in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area. It is home to Red Yao People for more than 400 hundred years. Several small Red Yao Villages are scattered across the area.
- Chinese Name: Jinkeng Titian (金坑梯田)
- Area: around 10 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 days
Jinkeng Rice Terraces offer Dazhai Village at the foot of the mountain, Tiantouzhai Village at the mountainside, and other unknown ethnic minority villages to explore, such as Xinzhai Village, Damaojie Village and so on.
There are 4 viewpoints at the area to enjoy the views there. Viewpoint of Golden Buddha Peak is a great spot to appreciate the panoramic views of the Dazhai Village as well as the stunning sunset on fine days. You can hike up to the viewpoint from Dazhai or just take a cable car to the viewpoint from Dazhai Village CarPark and hike around the rice terraces after enjoying the views at the viewpoint. It takes some 1.5 hours hike down to the Dazhai Village from the viewpoint.
Viewpoint of Music from Paradise has breathtaking sunrise to appreciate. If you’re planning to admire the sunrise there, it is suggested that you stay overnight at Tiantouzhai Village which is just around 30 minutes walk from the viewpoint and check out the weather forest beforehand.
Compared to the Viewpoints of Golden Buddha Peak and Music from Paradise, Viewpoints of Thousand Layers to the Heaven and Seven Stars Chase the Moon are less popular among tourists. If you have enough time in Jinkeng Rice Terraces, you can hike up to two viewpoints from Tiantouzhai Village.
When it showers there, the rice terraces are always covered with fog or clouds in the low sky. They present distinctive views from those on fine days.
If you’d like to experience the local traditions, you can explore the Dazhai Village on the Dry Clothes on the lunar 6th of June. You’ll be amazed at the festive celebrations and get acquainted with some customs of Red Yao People. Several interesting activities are also held to make the festival more exciting.
If you’d like to explore the Jinkeng Rice Terraces for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at sunrise and sunset.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As it is located in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area, you’d need to pay for the entrance pricing to the area.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus in the area) is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way cable car is 55 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip cable car is 110 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please take enough clothes with you if you are planning to visit in winter as it is colder than Guilin.
- Please take an umbrella with you in case it is rainy there.