Getu River National Park–combination of natural beauty & Miao ethnic customs
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is the Getu River National Park?
Located around 30 minutes drive from Congjiang Train Station, Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village is home to the last tribe which is authorized to carry guns in China. The village lies at the foot of Moon Hill 6 kilometers east of Congjiang.
The villagers have lived a similar lifestyle to that before. They use a sickle to cut hair and carry a gun on the waist. They wear the unique costume made by themselves.
Getu River National Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Guizhou Getuhe Guojia Gongyuan (贵州格凸河国家公园)
- Area: 18.6 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Boating, Caves, Geology
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Geologists
- Time required: 4 – 5 x hours
What to expect at the Getu River National Park
Chuangshang Cave is the ruins of the ancient underground river. You will enter the cave through an underground tunnel. The tunnel is 137 meters long, 70 meters wide and 50 meters high. Rare species of small shrubs and vines grows in the tunnel. If you love hiking, you could walk on the plank road up to the top of the cave which is ideal for appreciating the panoramic views of one section of Getu River.
The 1-kilometer-long Blind Valley is surrounded by cliffs. You can enter the valley through a 20-meters-high cenote. You will enjoy boating on Getu River. The distance for boating is some 7 kilometers long. During the cruise, you will see several hanging coffins on the cliff. The boat will take you to Dahe Miao Ethnic Village where you can admire Miao dancing and singing and enjoy local food.
The best time to visit Getu River National Park is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
There is no direct bus from Guiyang or Anshun. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 18:00 (visitors are not allowed to enter the park from 16:30)
- As at 5th October 2020, the pass ticket for entrance to the park, the shuttle bus, free solo rock climbing show, lift, and boating is 190 CNY per person; the entrance pricing to the park is 40 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- You will need to climb around 2,000 stairs to Chuangshang Cave.
- Please take enough drinking water with you.
- Some area of the park is underdeveloped.
- Please take care of your safety.
- If the park is under being upgraded, it will be closed. Please contact Wendy Wei Tours or the administration of the park beforehand to see whether it is under being upgraded.