Equan Scenic Area -Scenic ‘Goose Spring’ located near Jingxi!
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is the Equan Scenic Area?
Located around 300 kilometers west of Nanning, some 75 kilometers northwest of Detian Waterfalls and about 10 kilometers from Jingxi City, Equan Scenic Area is acclaimed as one of the main famed springs in the Southwest China. It is the source of Detian Waterfalls. It is situated in Jingxi City. It was developed more than 700 years ago. It features natural beauty and old buildings and the old stone inscription.
Equan Scenic Area Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Equan Jingqu (鹅泉景区)
- Area: 3.33 x Hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Rafting
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Interested in visiting the Equan Scenic Area during a Nanning Tour?
What to expect at Equan Scenic Area
Equan Lake is home to a variety of carps. If lucky enough, you could see the scene where numerous carps jump out of the water if they get scared. The water is crystal clear. Walking along the lakeshore, you will be amazed at the natural beauty, green karst hills and flat farmland. In spring, the plots of farmland filled with clear water look like mirrors. The water shines and jumps in the sun. The area is dotted with wild flowers in spring, making it more attractive. In summer, the farmland becomes filled with green rice seedlings, which is a great background for photographing. Between July and August, the farmland is golden with the ripe rice.
Beside the Equan Lake is Yang’ao Temple. In front of the temple, there are three stone steles in the Qing Dynasty (1368 – 1644). They tell the origin of the Equan Lake in history. You will find inscriptions on the walls in the temple. An old bridge spans across the lake.
The area offers two viewpoints to enjoy the nature. One offers a great chance to admire the whole lake while you could see the hills in the area on the other one. It takes around 10 minutes to walk to one of the viewpoints.If interested, you could go fishing at the lake and enjoy barbecue at one of the stalls. The bamboo rafts can also take you to explore the lake.
If you are planning to visit Equan Scenic Area for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during the sunset.
The best months to visit are from March to October.
You could take a direct bus from Jingxi to the Equan Village (鹅泉村) where the area is located or rent a vehicle to the area from Nanning.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 18:00
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the area is 48 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 25 CNY per person; the elder above 60 years old (60 years old included) are charged 25 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please take care of you on the bamboo raft.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream and sunglasses as the sun is strong there.