What is Dazhai?
Dazhai is one of the Red Yao Ethnic Villages at the Jinkeng Rice Terraces. It is situated at the foot of the mountain. Tens of stilted buildings stand on either side of the stream in the village. Compared to Ping’an Zhuang Village, Dazhai is less developed with fewer tourists.
Dazhai Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Dazhai (大寨)
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 hours
What to expect at Dazhai
Jinkeng Rice Terraces, also known as the Dazai Terraces, are approximately 20 kilometres away from the Longji Terraces and offer additional viewing at the peak of the 2400 feet mountains.
There are four main scenic spots in the Jinkeng Terraces, known as ‘Dajieqiancengtianti’, ‘Qixingbanyue’,‘Xishanshaole’ and ‘Jinfoding’. Moreover, the Jinkeng Rice Terraces are higher, wider and some consider to be more beautiful than the Longji Rice Terraces.
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As it is located in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area, you’d need to pay for the entrance pricing to the area.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus in the area) is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way cable car is 55 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip cable car is 110 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoesPlease take enough clothes with you if you are planning to visit in winter as it is colder than Guilin.
- Please take an umbrella with you in case it is rainy there.