Chengdu People’s Park - large park in Central Chengdu City which is popular with locals
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is Chengdu People’s Park?
Formerly called Shaocheng Park, People’s park was originally built in 1911. Locate on the Shaocheng Road, Citang Street (祠堂街少城路), it is within 20 minutes walk to Tianfu Square and Kuanzhai Ancient Street. In the park, visitors can experience the local life to the fullest.
Chengdu People’s Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Renmin Gongyuan (人民公园)
- Area: 11.26 x hectares
- Things to do there: Chengdu Life, Chengdu Culture, Hiking
- Who visits: Hikers, Chengdu Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Interested in visiting Chengdu People’s Park on a Chengdu Tour?
What to expect at Chengdu People’s Park
Best time to visit Chengdu People’s Park
If you would like to explore and experience the local Chengdu life, the best time to visit is in the afternoon.
The best months to visit is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to Chengdu People’s Park
People’s Park is located in the center of Chengdu. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 4, Bus 5, Bus 7, Bus 13, Bus 43, Bus 47, Bus 58, Bus 64, Bus 81 and Bus 85 to the park.
Additional Chengdu People’s Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 06:30 – 22:00
- As at 7th October 2020, it is free to visit the park. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- If interested to experience ear picking, please figure out the pricing and the duration with the master.
- There are lots of people in the park during the public holidays in China. It’s not recommended that you visit the park during the holidays.
Interested in visiting Chengdu People’s Park on a Tour?