Last Update: 23rd October 2020
The Chaotianmen Night Cruise will take you to admire some of the highlights in Chongqing on the Yangtze River, such as the panoramic views of Hongya Cave with stilted house complex, and Chongqing Huguan Assembly Hall, etc.
- Chinese Name: Chaotianmen Liangjiang Yeyou (朝天门两江夜游)
- Distance: around 20 kilometers
- Things to do there: Cruise, Photography
- Who visits: Adventurers, Photographers
- Time required: 1 x hour for round-trip
Chaotianmen Night Cruise starts from Chaotianmen Dock, past Huanghuayuan Bridge, and turns to the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing Rivers, past Sheraton Chongqing Hotel and returns to Chaotianmen Dock. The entire cruise is around 20 kilometers and lasts for about 60 minutes.
During the cruise, passengers will be able to admire the amazing views of the old buildings of Huguan Assembly Hall, pass under the Yangtze River Cableway, Dongshuimen Bridge, and Yangtze River, overlook the Ciyun Temple which is the only temple where you can be able to find the Buddhist monks and nuns and the Hongya Cave with stilted house complex.
The cruise boat has 3 floors. It is suggested that you board the boat as early as possible upon it is opened to the passengers. If you arrive at the dock late, it may be possible that there is no seat available for you. If you would like to take the seat in front on the second floor or the third floor, you’d need to pay for an extra charge to the staff on board.
The best time to enjoy Chaotianmen Night Cruise is after 19:30 pm.
The best months to enjoy are from May to October.
There are a few buses to Chaotianmen Dock from Chongqing City. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the dock from Chongqing City. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take the Bused of Night View No. T086 (t086路夜景线), Chaotianmen to Yangren Road Ferry (朝天门至洋人街轮渡) or Line No. 1 of Sightseeing Ferry (观光轮渡1号线) to the dock.
- Opening hours: 19:30 – 22:00
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance ticket for the cruise is 158 CNY per person. Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. Please note, if your cruise trip date is during the public holidays in China, including Spring Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival, National Day, Tombs-Sweeping Day, May Day and Dragon Boat Festival, children above 1 year old (1 year old included) are requested to get an adult ticket. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It is suggested that you bring flora water with you as there may be bugs at the dock.
- It is requested that you bring your passports with you when boarding the boat.