Last Update: 23rd October 2020
Lying around 100 kilometers southeast of Chongqing City, Black Mountain Valley is 13 kilometers long. The subtropical and temperate natural ecology of the same latitude on the earth is well-preserved there. Home to precious and rare plants and wild animals, it is a combination of mountains, water, forests and caves.
- Chinese Name: Heishangu (黑山谷)
- Area: 100 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Nature, Hiking, Photography
- Who visits: Adventurers, Photographers
- Time required: 5 – 7 x hours
Black Mountain Valley is 13 kilometers long. The distance of 13 kilometers includes 6 kilometers of the shuttle bus, 6 kilometers of a plank road and a pontoon bridge and 1 kilometer of uphill cableway (you also could hike for 1 kilometer).
Comprising the Carp Valley, the Wild Boar Valley and Shenlong Valley, Ten-mile Valley offers the plank road to walk. The Carp Valley is the narrowest. You will be able to touch the mountain in Chongqing and the mountain in Guizhou in the valley. The valley is dotted with stalactites in different shapes, and waterfalls. If you are lucky enough, you may see Francois langur, and wild boars.
Along the 6-kilometers-long plank road, you will find various species of wild plants, such as Cathaya, Chinese dove trees, Taxus chinensis, etc. Views at Black Mountain Valley differ with the different seasons. In spring, alpine rhododendrons, wild big camellia, and Chinese dove trees are in bloom. In summer, the valley is a natural resort. In autumn, the mountains there are decorated with golden, orange, and yellow color, making for classical Chinese paintings. In winter, the valley is hidden in cloud and fog. Snow landscape is also breathtaking there.
The best time to visit Black Mountain Valley is in the day time.
The best months to visit are from May to September.
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus from Chongqing to Black Mountain Valley. Therefore, there is just a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the valley from Chongqing. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take the public bus from Chongqing Nanping (重庆南坪汽车站) or Chenjiaping Bus Station (重庆陈家坪汽车站) to Wansheng (万盛). And then, take a public bus from Guanjingwan Bus Station (观景湾车站) to Black Mountain Valley.
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 19:00 (March – October); 09:00 – 19:00 (09:00 – 19:00); visitors are not permitted to enter the scenic area from 15:30.
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the area is 85 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 45 CNY per person. Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) and the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge.
- The entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus is 30 CNY per person; Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- The entrance ticket for the one-way cable car is 30 CNY per person; Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It is suggested that you bring flora water in the area.
- It is suggested that you take enough drinking water and food with you.