Baisha Rural Market Day – the largest rural market in Yangshuo
Last Update: 4th October 2020
What is the Baisha Rural Market Day?
Baishai Rural Market is the largest rural market in Yangshuo. On the market day, locals usually do business including the hairdresser’s, tailors and the like.
Baisha Rural Market Day Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Baisha Xushi (白沙圩市)
- Date: The date ends with numbers of “1”, “4” and “7”
- Things to do there: Photography, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Culture Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
Interested in visiting Baisha Rural Market Day during a Yangshuo Tour?
What to expect at Baisha Rural Market Day
Baisha Town is the largest fruit distribution center in Guilin Region. Therefore, on Baisha Rural Market Day, many locals always take fruits to the market for sale. When you are at the market, you might be amazed at the rich types of fruits, , corns and vegetables and small interesting items.
At the market, you’ll see the tailor employing the traditional sewing machine to make clothes. The local barber does haircut with traditional tools in a traditional way. The market is also a paradise for young children. They can enjoy delicious snacks there, such as deep-fried pancakes, Guilin Rice Noodles, Zongzi, sticky rice, rice tofu, etc. If interested, you can also try them. You may find one or two Traditional Chinese Medicine stores with tens of herbs. Some locals also have baby cats and baby dogs on sale.
Specific Dates of Baisha Rural Market Day
The market is regularly held on the dates of 1, 4, 7, 11, 14, 17, 21, 24 and 27 every month.
How to get to Baisha Rural Market Day
There is no direct bus to the market from Yangshuo. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Baisha Rural Market Day Advice
- Usually, the market is crowded from 9:00 to 13:00. It is suggested that you explore the market during the period of time.
- Please take care of your belongings at the market.
Interested in visiting Baisha Rural Market Day on a Tour?