What is Zhongliu Village ?
Zhongliu Village may be the least popular in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area. It is located around 1 hour ride from Dazhai Village at Jinkeng Rice Terraces. After getting off the shuttle bus, it requires nearly 1 hour hike to the village. Due to the inconvenience transportation, it is still underdeveloped. Therefore, it is not crowded with tourists.
- Chinese Name: Zhongliucun (中六村)
- Location: Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 hours
Zhongliu Village is not connected with the outside world by any road. It offers a very quiet environment to enjoy. You can explore the local life without being disturbing by the crowd. The sky there is very clear. The tradition and custom at the village are also authentic. The stilted houses stand at the foot of the mountain and at the mountainside.
Some women villagers like to wash or comb their long hair by a stream or a waterfall. Some of the villagers do the cooking through the old and traditional way. They use a round iron rice cooker to cook rice and an iron pan to fry dishes on a brick hearth.
The elder of a family love to sit around the hearth to chat at the meal time. Some old men enjoys smoking through a long traditional tobacco pipe. If you get the permission from locals, you can visit the house.
Between late April and early May, Old Tea Tree Cultural Festival is regularly held at Zhongliu Village. Villagers sing and dance at the tea plantation and celebrate the festival through a variety of colorful activities.
The best time to visit the village is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As it is located in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area, you’d need to pay for the entrance pricing to the area.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus in the area) is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please take enough clothes with you if you are planning to visit in winter as it is colder than Guilin.
- Please take an umbrella with you in case it is rainy there.