Zhonggu Cableway - cable car to enjoy panoramic views of Gulangyu Island in Xiamen
Last Update: 16th October 2020
Zhonggu Cableway is more than 1,000 meters long, spanning over Zhonggu Mountain. It can take you to enjoy the bird’s eye views of Gulangyu Island, South Putuo Temple, Kinmen Islands, etc.
Zhonggu Cableway Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Zhonggu Suodao (钟鼓索道)
- Length: more than 1,000 meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Sea Views
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 40 x minutes
What to expect at the Zhonggu Cableway
The Zhonggu Cableway lies 150 meters from the ground, spanning over Wanshi Botanical Garden, Huxi Rock, Gongshan Park and Wulaofeng Mountain. It is fitted with 82 cable cars. Woods under the cable way are green around the year. In the cable car, you may be able to see the small houses hidden in the woods if your sight is great.
On the top of the mountain is a ship-shaped building, the best viewpoint. It has an area of more than 1,000 square meters. At the viewpoint, you can admire the panoramic views of Xiamen City, the tallest Twin Towers in Xiamen, Yanwu Bridge, and Xiagang Old Town.
It is worth admiring the sunset in the cable car. You could first visit the botanical gardens to enjoy the various plants, flowers and bonsai. Then, you can visit South Putuo Temple to calm down yourself. The temple is just around 1 kilometer from the gardens. If you have strong interest in the contributions of the overseas Chinese to China and their residence countries, it is suggested that you explore Overseas Chinese Museum after paying a visit to the temple. Finally, you can go to take the cable car to enjoy the amazing sunset on the sea.
Best time to visit the Zhonggu Cableway
If you’d like to take the cable car for photography purposes, the best time to take is at sunset.
The best months to take are from March to November.
How to get to the Zhonggu Cableway
You can take Bus 659, 17, 21, 3, 12, 32, 19, 959, 857, 951, or Bus 139 to the Stop of Xiamen No. 1 Middle School (厦门一中站) and walk to the lower station of the cableway. Alternatively, you can just rent a vehicle to the lower station.
Additional Zhonggu Cableway Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:30
- As at 16th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the round-trip cable car is 70 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One cable car just accommodates 2 passengers.
- There is no entrance ticket for one-way cable car.
- The round-trip lasts for around 40 minutes long.
- It is forbidden that pregnant women, alcoholics, those who are suffering heart diseases, high blood, acrophobia, and mental disorder, take the cable car out of safety concerns.
- It is not recommended that those who don’t feel well when taking the cable car stick to taking it out of safety concerns.