Zhijin Cave - a famous, deep cave located within Guizhou Province
Last Update: 19th June 2019
What is Zhijin Cave?
Located 120 kilometers from Guiyang, the large Zhijin Cave features a variety of stalactites, stalagmites, stone curtains, underground lakes and rivers and the like to visitors to explore. It is acclaimed as “Cave Museum”.
Zhijin Cave Fast Facts
What to expect at Zhijin Cave
Located 120 kilometers from Guiyang, Zhijin Cave is dominated by sedimentary rocks. Zhijin Cave offers various bizarre stone columns, stone curtains, stone flowers, etc., creating unique landscape. There are 47 halls in the cave with a variety of stalactites, stalagmites and other deposits. The average height of deposits is about 40 meters and the highest is 70 meters.
There are valleys, streams, waterfalls and other natural landscape outside the cave. In addition, visitors can explore the Miao, Yi and Buyi Ethnic Minority villages next to Zhijin Cave.
Best time to visit Zhijin Cave
The best time to visit Zhijin Cave is from April to October. The cave is also an ideal summer resort. It is very cool around the year, even in summer. Therefore, even if you visit it in summer, please wear a thin jacket.
How to get to Zhijin Cave
As more and more domestic tourists visit Zhijin Cave, there are direct buses from Zhijin County to the cave. Thus, visitors shall arrive in Zhijin County first and then take a direct bus to the cave. There are a few options:
- Rent a vehicle either from Guiyang or Anshun. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus from Guiyang Bus Station (贵阳汽车总站) in Guiyang to Zhijin County. Or take a train to Zhijin County. Then, take a bus from Zhijin County to Zhijin cave.
- If you depart from Anshun, please take a bus from East Bus Station Anshun (安顺汽车东站) to Zhijin County. Or take a train to Zhijin County. Then, take a bus from Zhijin County to Zhijin cave.
Additional Zhijin Cave Travel Advice
- The average temperature in the cave is 10°C-16°C. The air is cooler than the outside and the humidity is heavier. You’d better bring a coat with you when visiting the cave in summer.
- Visitors can take photos in the cave, but please avoid touching the roadside. They are fragile.
- Smoking is prohibited in the cave.
- A tour guide offers the free Chinese interpretation service to a group of 20-30 visitors. In the off-season, a group of minimum 10 visitors are allowed to enter the cave together. Because there are many roads in the cave visitors are suggested to follow the tour guide to prevent from getting lost.
- Opening hours: 08:30 - 17:30 for the peak season; 09:00 - 17:00 for the off-season
- In the peak season ( March 1 - November 30), entrance pricing for an adult is 120 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; entrance pricing for children between 1.2m (1.2m included) and 1.4m (1.4m not included) and the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) is 60 CNY per person.
- In the off-season (December 1 - February 28), entrance pricing for an adult is 100 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; entrance pricing for children between 1.2m (1.2m included) and 1.4m (1.4m not included) and the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) is 50 CNY per person.
- The admission to the shuttle bus in the scenic area is 20 CNY per person.For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)