Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village – Dai ethnic minority village in Xishuangbanna
Last Update: 23rd October 2020
With a long history of more than 1,000 years, the Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village is underdeveloped. Bulang buildings, Bulang Language, costumes and the traditional lifestyle are well preserved from generation to generation at the village.
Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Zhanglang Bulangzucun (章朗布朗族村)
- Area: 9.9 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Chinese Culture, Hiking, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Chinese Culture Lovers, Adventurers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village
Located on Bada Mountain, Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village is hidden in primitive forests. Villagers enjoy drinking tea. The local life is related close to tea. The area of the old tea garden is around 46.6 hectares there. These tea trees grow in the primitive forests. Most of them are more than 100 years old.
With a long history of more than 1,000 years, the ancient Buddhist temple on the top of the mountain witnesses the history of the old village. Featuring a Bulang style, it is composed of a main hall, a monk’s dormitory, a pagoda and a depositarry of Buddhist texts. The temple is the oldest building at the village.
Local villagers still enjoy traditional life for hundreds of years at the village. If you’d like to experience local life, you could stay overnight at the house of the village head if he doesn’t mind.
Best time to visit the Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village
The best time to visit Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village is in the morning. If you’d like to stay overnight there to experience the local slow life, the best time is in the afternoon.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to the Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus to Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village. Therefore, the only option is to rent a vehicle from Jinghong to the village.
Additional Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As at 23rd October 2020, visitors can explore the village for free.
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses.
- If you want to explore the forests, it is suggested that you bring floral waters with you or wear long clothes in case there are some bugs in the woods.
Interested in visiting the Zhanglang Bulang Ethnic Minority Village on a Tour?