Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon - the canyon with the world famous, Glass Bridge
Last Update: 6th October 2020
What is Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon?
Located in Cili County, Zhangjiajie Area, Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon features the longest and tallest glass bridge in the world. In addition, it offers various natural beauty, including valleys, lakes, wildlife, primary forest as well as a 600-meters-long slide.
- Chinese Name: Zhangjiajie Daxiagu (张家界大峡谷)
- Location: Sanguansi Township, Cili County, Zhangjiajie
- Things to do there: Photography, hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts!
- Time required: 3 – 4 x Hours
Best time to visit Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon
The best time to visit Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is from April to October as it is not too hot or too cold during this period of time. April and October is the two best months to visit the bridge.
How to get to Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon
Visitors can take the shuttle bus at Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station (张家界中心汽车站) or Wulingyuan Bus Station to the canyon. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle from Zhangjiajie City to the canyon. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, take Bus 4 or rent a car to the Central Bus Station to take the shuttle bus (Route: 中心汽车站 – 江垭温泉 ). Please let the driver know that you will get off at the Great Canyon CarPark (大峡谷停车场). At last, take the shuttle bus of the canyon to the ticket office for the canyon. This shuttle bus is free of charge. Alternatively, take the shuttle bus from the Central Bus Station to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Transfer to the bus for the Great Canyon. The bus ends at the ticket office for the canyon.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Central Bus Station to take the shuttle bus (Route: 中心汽车站 -江垭温泉 ). Please let the driver know that you will get off at the Great Canyon CarPark (大峡谷停车场). At last, take the shuttle bus of the canyon to the ticket office for the canyon. This shuttle bus is free of charge. Alternatively, take the shuttle bus from the Central Bus Station to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Transfer to the bus for the Great Canyon. The bus ends at the ticket office for the canyon.
Additional Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 18:00
- As at 6th October 2020, Line C: the admission to the glass bridge alone: 168 CNY per person. Opening time: 16:20 – 17:30; 17:40 – 18:30. Line B: the admission to the bridge and the canyon: 259 CNY per person. Opening time: 06:30 – 09:00; 09:00 – 11:30; 11:30 – 14:00; 14:00 – 16:00. Only children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) are free of charge for the glass bridge. Admission fee to Norkley Slide is 25 CNY per person (not included in the admission to the Grand Canyon Scenic Area). Admission fee to ziplining is 30 CNY per person (not included in the admission to the Grand Canyon Scenic Area). For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Be sure to bring your passports with you at the entrance.
- Up to 10,000 visitors are allowed to enter the canyon area in one day.
- As at 6th October 2020, the following items are not allowed to bring when tourists visit the glass bridge: liquid substances such as snacks, beverages and mineral water, water cups (including thermos cups, glasses), crutches, cameras, video cameras, drones, IPAD, computers, tripods, pets, flammable and explosive materials, poisonous products, corrosives, radioactive materials, lighters and other fires, metal hard objects, other hard objects weighing more than 250 grams, controlled knives, guns, weapons, and oversized handbags and backpacks, etc.
- Those who are drunk and physically disabled,suffer from mental disorder, heart diseases, depression, acrophobia, and wear high heels are not allowed to visit the canyon.
- For the safety of you and others, except for small-sized carry-on bags (wallets, handbags, purses) and mobile phones with protective covers, other items must not be taken with you. Items that cannot be carried on the bridge can be stored in the left-luggage office.