Yushan Park - largest antique garden within Guilin
Last Update: 2nd October 2020
With an area of 1.2 x hectares, Yushan Park is acclaimed as the largest antique garden in Guilin City. Its name comes from the Yu Hill and the Temple of Emperor Yu in the park. It has been very popular among locals since the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907).
Yushan Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yushan Gongyuan (虞山公园)
- Area: 1.2 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, History and Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Architects, History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at Yushan Park
Yushan Hill has a long history. It is said that Emperor Yu, one of the first ancestors of the Chinese civilization visited the hill. Locals in the Qin Dynasty (221 – 207 BC) built a temple to commemorate the emperor which was called Temple of Emperor Yu. For thousands of years, the temple has been very popular among locals.
Yushan has 65 ancient steles from the Tang Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1912) to explore. Some of them introduce the visit to the Yu Hill of the author while others present some experiences of the author’s life. On the eastern wall of the hill is a stone statue of a male Bodhisattva. The statue is more than 1,400 years old.
Yushan Park is divided into the South Area and the North Area. The north one features a modern atmosphere. You’ll see a fountain and an artificial waterfall there.
The south one focuses on the old culture. The rebuilt Temple of Emperor Yu stands in front of the Yu Hill. Wufu Tower features a bell for peace. A variety of precious stones are well preserved at Jiya Garden. Shaoyin Hole is located at the western hillside of the Yu Hill. Originally, it was an underground watercourse from south to north. The inscriptions on the wall tells how the music sound is made in the hole. There are also some statues of Buddha to appreciate.
Best time to visit Yushan Park
If you’d like to watch local elders how to do morning exercises, the best time to visit is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Yushan Park
You could take Bus 1, 18, 100, and Bus K99 to the Stop of Beiji Guangchang (北极广场站). Then, walk to the park. Alternatively, you could rent a vehicle to the park directly.
Additional Yushan Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 18:00
- As at 2nd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park is 35 CNY per person; children children between 1.2 m tall (1.2 m tall included) and 1.4 m tall (1.4 m tall not included) are charged 17 CNY per person; children under 1.2 m tall (1.2 m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)