Yunnan Impression - show featuring Yunnan’s cultural characteristics
Last Update: 18th October 2020
Performed at Yunnan Art Theater, Yunnan Impression is a large-scale song and dance show full of simplicity and newness that re-integrates Yunnan original local songs and dances and folk dances. 70% of the actors who participate in the show come from ethnic minorities in various villages around Yunnan. The costumes were all prototypes of ethnic minority costumes they wear in daily life. Yunnan Impression is directed by Yang Liping, a renowned dancer across China.
- Chinese Name: Yunnan Yinxiang (云南印象)
- Location: Yunnan Art Theater
- Things to do there: Photography, Dancing, Singing
- Who visits: Photographers, Yunnan Culture and History
- Time required: 1.5 x hours
Yunnan Impression lasts for around 100 minutes. The authentic local costumes, the natural vocals and the original free dance techniques combine traditional songs and dance with modern dance, creating a mythical and rich Yunnan ethnic style on the basis of reality. Dances are full of authentic Yunnan ethnic elements, and three-quarters of the actors are local villagers.
Yunnan Impression consists of “The Beginning of Chaos”, “ The Sun and the Moon” (“The Moon” is Yang Liping’s solo dance “Moonlight”), “The Earth”, “Homeland”, “Country of Women”, “Dage (a type of dance for the Yi people)”, “Worship Fire”, “ Pilgrim” and “The Soul of the Peacock”, vividly showing the colorful culture of Yunnan. The audience could enjoy the stunning peacock dance, turkey dance, umbrella dance, and the like.
The show of Yunnan Impression is open from 20:00 to 21:30.
The audience could enjoy Yunnan Impression at Yunnan Art Theater at No. 132, West Dongxi Road, Wuhua District, Kunming. You could take Bus K3, 5, 10, K13, 26, 52, 82, 84, 116, 207, 919 and Bus B1 to the Stop of Yunnan Art Theater (云南艺术剧院站) or rent a vehicle to the theater directly
- Opening hours: 20:00 – 21:30.
- As at 18th October 2020, the entrance pricing to different types of seating for the show is as follow: 520 CNY per person for VIP Seat, 400 CNY per person for the seat in Section A, 300 CNY per person for the seat in Section B, and 220 CNY per person for the seat in Section C. Children under 1.3 meters tall (1.3 meters tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please keep quiet when enjoying the show.
- Please enter the theater 30 minutes prior to the opening hours.