Yellow Dragon Cave - acclaimed as “Cave Wonder in the World!
What is Yellow Dragon Cave?
Situated more than 30 kilometers away from Zhangjiajie City, the Yellow Dragon Cave is called “China’s Most Beautiful Cave for Tourists”. The total area at the bottom of the cave is 100,000 square meters. It is 7.5 kilometers long.
- Chinese Name: Huanglongdong (黄龙洞)
- Area: 10 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Cave Explore
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 x Hours
Interested in visiting the Yellow Dragon Cave during a Zhangjiajie Tour?
Best time to visit Yellow Dragon Cave
How to get to the Yellow Dragon Cave
- Bus 1 in Wulingyuan District passes Wulingyuan Bus Station and Yellow Dragon Cave. Therefore, visitors shall know how to get to Wulingyuan Bus Station first. There are several options for how to get to Yellow Dragon Cave.
- Rent a vehicle from Zhangjiajie. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, rent a car to Zhangjiejie Central Bus Station (张家界中心汽车站) to take a bus to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Then, take Bus 1 to Yellow Dragon Cave. Alternatively, rent a car from Wulingyuan Bus Station to Yellow Dragon Cave.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to take take a bus to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Then, take Bus 1 to Yellow Dragon Cave. Alternatively, rent a car from Wulingyuan Bus Station to Baofeng Lake.
Additional Yellow Dragon Cave Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (April 1st – October 15th); 08:30 – 17:00 (October 16th – March 31st)
- As at 6th October 2020, entrance pricing (including the admission to the cave and the boat on Xiangshuihe River) to Yellow Dragon Cave is 100 CNY per person; Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 60 CNY per person; The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) are charged 60 CNY per person; entrance pricing to the Maze in Yellow Dragon Cave is 15 CNY per person which is applied to all ages while it’s optional. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The temperature inside the cave is relatively low, especially on the river. Even if you visit it in summer, it is suggested that you take a jacket with you.
- There is no washroom in the cave.
- As it takes about 2 – 3 hours to visit the cave, it is recommended that you take some food and drink with you in case that you are hungry during the tour or after you finish the tour.
Interested in visiting the Yellow Dragon Cave on a Tour?