Yangmei Ancient Town–history of over 1,000 years
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Yangmei Ancient Town?
Located 36 kilometers from Nanning City, Yangmei Ancient Town was originally built in the Song Dynasty (960 – 1279). The town features the best-preserved buildings in the Ming (1368 – 1644) and Qing (1644 – 1912) Dynasties in Nanning Region, including temples, wharves, houses, etc. More than 700 old buildings witness the development of the town.
Yangmei Ancient Town Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yangmei Guzhen (扬美古镇)
- Area: 6.5 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 hours
What to expect at Yangmei Ancient Town?
Yangmei Ancient Town has the Old Street in the Qing Dynasty, houses in the Ming Dynasty, Huang’s Estate, and other old buildings to explore.
With a length of 300 meters, the Old Street, Linjiang Street is lined with old shops with stunning carvings built in the Qing Dynasty. Walk in the street and you may feel you were in the ancient time. Wander around the town, and you’ll find exquisite old sculptures, such as old tables, old chairs, dos, old porcelains with beautiful patterns and so forth.
The beach in the town presents amazing views. It is 2,000 meters long and 200 meters wide. The upper section has faint yellow sand. Under the moonlight, the sand turns into golden. However, the sand at the lower section is white and fine.
Kuixing Building originally built in 1736 has a square shape. The three-layer structure looks like the imperial jade seal. The wooden statue of Guan Yu is worshiped on the ground floor, the statue of Liu Heng stands on the first floor and the wooden of Kuixing is worshiped on the second floor.
There are also some local specialties for sale in the town. It has a variety of snacks as well. You can have a cup of tea or coffee at one of the shops in the town.
The best time to visit the town is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
You can take a direct tourist bus at the West Bus Station at the meeting point of University Road and Luban Road to the town. It runs every one hour from 08:30 to 18:00. Or you can just rent a vehicle to the town.
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 18:00
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the town is 10 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please wear sunscreen cream and sunglasses.