Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve – Rainforest Reserve in Xishuangbanna
Covering an area of 2,420.2 square kilometers, Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest Nature Reserve lies across Jinghong, Mengla and Menghai in Xishuangbanna. It is home to tropical monsoon forest, subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forest of South Asia, rare animal and plant population.
Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Xishuangbanna Redai Yulin Ziran Baohuqu (西双版纳热带雨林自然保护区)
- Area: 2,420.2 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Biology, Adventure, Ethnic Folk Customs
- Who visits: Photographers, Biologists, Adventure Enthusiasts, Chinese History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x days
What to expect at Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve
Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest Nature Reserve is home to wild animals as well. There, you may encounter wild elephants, wild monkeys, gibbons and wild peacocks and the like.
Ethnic minorities, such as Jinuo, Dai, Hani, Aini, Bulang, Lahu, Kemu and Yao people have settled in the nature reserve for hundreds of years. You will find the unique houses of the minorities in the nature reserve. If lucky enough, you could enjoy their distinctive singing and dancing during their holidays. If interested, you could also join in the water-splashing carnival of the Dai people.
At the Sky Tree Scenic Spot, you could walk the sky tree crown corridor which is 500 meters long and 36 meters tall. The corridor offers the panoramic views of the tropical rainforest as well. In the area, you could enjoy boating on the Nanla River to appreciate the views of the forests.
Best time to visit Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve
As it takes several days to visit the whole nature reserve, it is suggested that you explore part of the nature reserve in one day. The best time to visit is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve
Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest Nature Reserve is situated in the three areas of Jinghong, Mengla and Menghai, you could get to one of them. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 18:00
- As Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest Nature Reserve is composed of several parts, the pass ticket to all the opened parts is 300 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses.
- Please take enough drinking water with you.
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.
- Please take the floral water to prevent biting from some bugs.
Interested in visiting Xishuangbanna Tropical Nature Reserve on a Tour?