Xining People’s Park - one of the most popular parks in Xining
Last Update: 17th October 2020
Located on the south bank of the intersection of Lishui and Beichuan River in the west of Xining City, Xining People’s Park covers a total area of more than 40 hectares. It is composed of flower nursery, artificial lakes, tea houses, restaurants, children’s play area and art exhibition halls. Locals love enjoying themselves in the park.
Xining People’s Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Xining Renmin Gongyuan (西宁人民公园)
- Area: more than 40 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Leisure, Hiking, Rides
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Xining People’s Park is situated at No. 72, Shengli Road, Chengdong District, Xining. When you enter the gate, the beautiful flower bed on the grassland will come into your sight. After you walk to the end of the road, you will be amazed at the fountain of Source of Three Rivers.
You can admire the bonsai of the plants and the stones in strange shapes at the flower nursery. There are more than 300 varieties of flowers at the flower nursery. Every year, the tulip show and chrysanthemum show are regularly held in the park, which attract lots of tourists.
If interested, you can enjoy boating on the artificial lake in summer and autumn. You can also take a rest at one of the pavilions along the west bank of the lake. In addition, you can enjoy your time with your family at the children’s play area to recall the beautiful memory of the childhood. There is a roller coaster, carousel, go-kart, trampoline, haunted house, 5d cinema and more there.
The best time to visit Xining People’s Park is in the morning during the opening hours.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
There are several buses passing by Xining People’s Park. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 1, 4, 6, 12, 13, 14, 18, 25, 26, 34, 40, 83, 86, 101, 106, 108, 601, and Bus 602 to the Stop of People’s Park (人民公园站).
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 18:00
- Admission fee: free
- The tulip show is always held in June in the park every year.
- In winter, you can appreciate the ice sculpture show and enjoy skiing. Please note, it is cold in winter in Xining.
- It is not suggested to visit the park at weekends or during the holiday as there are always many tourists there.