Xiaoqikong – UNESCO scenic fairyland in Southern Guizhou Province
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Xiaoqikong?
Located 28 kilometers southwest of Libo County, Xiaoqikong Scenic Area offers caves, original forests, lakes, waterfalls, strange stones and Yao ethnic villages to visitors to explore.
It was declared as the world natural heritage by UNESCO in 2007 with a width of more than 1 kilometer and a length of 7 kilometers. It got the name from the old bridge with small seven holes built in 1836.
Xiaoqikong Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Xiaoqikong Fengjingqu (小七孔风景区)
- Location: approx. 10 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Landscape Photography, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure enthusiasts
- Time required: 5 – 6 x hours
What to expect at Xiaoqikong
68 waterfalls spread over the narrow valley only with a length of 1.6 kilometer. It’s fairly rare around China. In Drunken Forest, trees are covered with vines so that it is difficult to tell what part is the tree and what part is the vine.
Visitors also can enjoy boating on Mandarin Duck Lake. While boating, they can admire the amazing scenery around them. The lake is a wonderful network of two big lakes and four small lakes. The color of the water in the lake is very different from that in other lakes as it’s an aquamarine.
Best time to visit Xiaoqikong
The best time to visit Xiaoqikong is from April to August. During this period of time, Xiaoqikong offers the most breathtaking views than any other time.
How to get to Xiaoqikong
The transportation network is getting better and better in Libo County. There are highways extended to Libo Scenic Area. Xiaoqikong is a part of Libo Scenic Area.Therefore, there are a few options as follows:
- Rent a vehicle from Guiyang or Libo County. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a direct bus from Guiyang, Nanning, Liuzhou, Kaili, Chongqing, Guangzhou and Duyun to Libo County. Then, take a local bus from Libo Bus Station (荔波客运站) or rent a taxi to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area. The first bus departs from the station at 7:00am.
- Fly to Libo from Beijing, Sanya, Fuzhou, Zhengzhou, Kunming, Harbin, Hangzhou, Qingdao, Wuhan, Shanghai, Jinan, Xi’an, Xiamen, Tianjin, Chengdu, Guiyang, Guangzhou, Nanning, Chongqing, Changsha, Haikou, Lanzhou, Hefei and Dalian. Then, take the airport shuttle bus to Libo County. Take a local bus or rent a taxi to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area.
Additional Xiaoqikong Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 7:30 – 16:30
- As at 5th October 2020, entrance pricing to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area in the peak season is 130 CNY per person; entrance pricing to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area in the low season(December 1 – March 21) is 110 CNY per person; the ticket for the shuttle bus in Xiaoqikong Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It is recommended that you visit the In-the-Water Forest in summer. If interested, please remember to take a pair of sandal with you.
- If you take the shuttle bus in the area, you will miss the more stunning scenery. It is recommended that you take the shuttle bus for a short time and hike around the area to discover its hidden beauty.
- It is recommended that you spend around 5 – 6 hours visiting Xiaoqikong Scenic Area.
- Please take a raincoat or an umbrella with you and wear the sunscreen cream in summer